Chapter 15

It has now been almost a whole year now and things were running smoothly. "Good Morning Gaara." you said as you walked into the office. You set a smalltime paperwork on his desk. "Today you have a meeting with the high counsel. Oh and also I just got a letter from the leaf village saying that Naruto should be returning soon." Gaara smiled at the hearing of Naruto. He then looked to you to see you gathering up books and scrolls. "[Y/n]." "Yes Gaara?" "Close your eyes." You did as you were told. You heard him get up from his chair and heard him walking towards you, something was then put around you neck. When you opened your eyes you looked down, and around your neck was a necklace with heart shaped locket. "Gaara what's this for?" You placed your hand on the locket. "It's a way of saying thank you for not leaving me." You went and hugged him. "Gaara I chose to do this, I would do anything for you, and thank you this is so sweet."
[Meanwhile]
On the outside of the sand village there was two mysterious men were heading to the village. "So Sasori my man, how about we go over the plan one more time un." "Fine. Our mission is to capture the demon, I set the traps and you fight him." " Yeah I understand that, but I heard that his assistant in our little princess and that she is protecting him. You were in the kitchen making tea as Gaara was in the meeting.
"Don't worry we shouldn't have any problem with her Deidara." You then poor the tea into a cup, and lifted it to your lips. "I have had one of my men give her a little surprise in her tea." You then drop the cup and start to fall to the ground breathing heavily, your vision becomes blurry and soon you blacked out. Kankuro them walked into the kitchen to see you unconscious on the floor. His eyes widened and he kneeled down to you and shook you lightly. "[Y/n] are you alright? Hey." When you didn't say anything he picked you up and ran you to the hospital.
[Meanwhile]
"Well is there anything else that needs to be said?" Kankuro then runs into the meeting room and looked at Gaara. "Gaara [Y/n] has been poisoned." Every ones eyes widened. "What?" Gaara then shot up and fallowed Kankuro out of the meating with a few of the counsel members following. When he got to the hospital he ran to your room, and when he entered your room you were hooked up to machines and fluids. "How is this possible, how did this happen?" one of the medics held up the cut. "Apparently it was in the tea that she drank." Sweat was dripping from your face. "Don't worry if was only a small amount Gaara." Gaara looked at you. "Shiro." He whispered. "I'll be able to get rid of the poison in a day and she'll be as good as new." "Thank you Shiro." "Um Gaara who are you talking to?" "He's talking to me." He then looked to you. "What the?" "Kankuro that voice that you just heard that was the spirit of the white dragon." "You mean we can actually talk to it?" "Yes, and thanks to her she [Y/n] should be fine by tomorrow." "Really that's amazing." "Yes. Yes it is."
[time skip]
The rest of the day went by smoothly, until the Akatsuki showed up. They defeated Gaara and were now taking him with him. The next day you woke up to the feeling that something was wrong. You slowly got out of your bed and walked outside to only see buildings were destroyed. "What happened. Gaara." You then quickly ran to the office, and he wasn't there. You looked everywhere where he could be. You then stormed into the counsels meeting room to see all but one of the counsel members were there. "WHERES GAARA? EXPLAIN NOW!" The counsel looked at you. "[Y/n] calm down." "WHERES GAARA?" "Sigh. The Kazekage has been captured by the Akatsuki."
You eyes widened. "Gaara." You then ran out of the room and ran outside, and let out a monstrous scream. "GAAAARRRA." "Hm. It seems our little princes is awake." "Yes and it didn't last as long as I thought it would." "Well then we should then probably quicken our paste." A little bit later they brought Kankuro back, and he was severally wounded. You heard about Kankuro and ran to the hospital and entered the room. "Kankuro. What happened to him?" "The enemy has poisoned him with the same poison that we found in you except it is a much larger dose of the poison." You looked at Kankuro and he was in great pain. "Shiro do you think you can do anything?" "Well I could slow down the flow of the poison but I'm afraid I wont be able to get rid of the poison, apparently I am only able to do that to you." "It's doesn't matter I need to help him." You then place your hands over his body and a white glow comes from your hands. "I will do anything to protect Gaara and the people he loves." Gaara's Sensei was watching you and he later left to go see the honored Siblings. "It seems like we have a visitor. Hey sis. Sis time t wake up." The fishing pole that she was holding started to fall out of her hands but then quickly grabbed it which scared her brother Ebizo. "HA,HA, HA. You fell for it again. The playing possum." Baki then enters. "Honored Siblings I ask you to help us. One of the siblings of the sand have been poisoned by your Grandson Sasori." "Oh so my grandson has been seen after so long?" "Yes."
[time skip]
After a while of talking Lady Chiyo and her brother finally decided to help. When they got to the room Lady Chiyo was surprise to see you and that there was a white glow coming from your hands. Baki then walked over to you and sets a hand on you shoulder. "[Y/n] you can stop now I have brought help." You turned to face him and he could tell you were tired and that you couldn't keep doing it any more. You then fell to the floor and were trying to stay awake. You looked up to Lady Chiyo, and smiled. "Lady Chiyo thank you for helping Kankuro." You then fell into a deep sleep. Baki then picked you up and placed you on the bed next to Kankuro. "Baki who is this girl?" "Her name is [Y/n] [L/n]. She's the assistant of the Kazekage." "Oh I see." She then got started to treat Kankuro. After a day of trying, they had still not figured out the cure of the poison. By that time you have woken up. "How's Kankuro, Lady Chiyo?" "Not to well child. I can't find a cure for this poison. But I can't believe that I'm saying this but we are going to have to wait till the leaf village ninja's get here. But thank to you we still have a day and a half to try to find the cure." "Well if is for anyone who is important to Gaara I will help." You then got up and went home. Once you got home you went to your closet and pulled out the mask. "It's time."
[time skip]
It turned out that the team that was sent was team Kakashi, so Sakura treated Kankuro and found the cure. "That was amazing Sakura." Said Naruto. "Yes. I thank you for helping my friend." They turned around to see you. "[Y/n]." They said in a unison. "Baki sensei I'm going after the Akatsuki." You sad in a sad tone. "Now but you don't know where they are." "Oh yes I do. Don't you remember I was once also captured by the Akatsuki." "Your right. Well I guess there is no stopping you." Said Baki. You bowed and started to walk away. "Holed it [Y/n]." You turned around to see Naruto. "If your going to go save Gaara then I'm coming with you." Naruto. Fine but hurry it up I'm not going to wait long." You the walked away. "Hey what's up with [Y/n]?" "She's really worried about Gaara ." Said Temari. "You see when Gaara has became the Kasakage [Y/n] has became his assistant, and over the past year they have gotten closer. I think [Y/n] has fallen in love with Gaara."
[time skip]
"Is everyone ready?" You looked at the group that was coming with you. You then bit down on your thumb, did a few hand signs, and then placed your hand on the ground. "Summoning Jutsu." Then a white dragon appeared. "Everyone climb on." Once did you all took off.