Using the Basics

I flopped on my bed, only to hear a hiss of annoyance and feel my body move with the "bed

I flopped on my bed, only to hear a hiss of annoyance and feel my body move with the "bed." I looked down to see Amethyst's head under my blanket. She hissed again.

'Child, if you don't get off me, I swear you will regret it,' her tone was stern, echoing in my head. I had a sense of deja vu. Oh yeah, Soul used to talk to me too...

"Don't threaten me with a good time," I purred, rolling off of her onto my bed.

Amethyst hissed, unamused. She slithered out the door, probably to go hunt the servants again. Zalgo's not going to be happy with that once we start getting low. I curled up in my bed to sleep the day away.

"Shimmer! Get you lazy ass out here! It's time to train!" A crazed but happy and sing-songy voice came from my door. Arson.

I groaned and covered my head in my blankets. "I don wanna..."

Arson opened the door and walked in, poking at my head. "Get up, furrball. You gotta learn something right?"

Amethyst returned before I could pull my blanket off my head and punch him. Arson watched apprehensively as the giant scaly beast slithered its whole body into my room, which was difficult considering her size. I was going to have to move to a bigger room, just because of her.

'Tell him you have to learn from me before anything else is taught to you... You must learn how to control your power before you can use it.'

I nodded and turned to the masked psycho. "Amethyst said you can't teach me because she has to before anyone else can!" I grinned at him, my long fangs glistening in the light.

"Keep trying, you still look cute," Arson said with a laugh and ran out the door.

"I'm not cute!!" I yelled after him.

'Come child.' Amethyst picked me up in her teeth by snagging the cloth of my shirt. I dangled there, tails slack, ears down, looking pathetic, as she took me out the door and down the hall. Needless to say, I fell asleep.

Being dropped on hard rock woke me up quickly. I growled and looked up at the towering snake, rubbing my ass. "You didn't have to drop me."

'You weren't listening to me,' she said simply. She slithered around me, making a fence to keep me from escaping. 'Now, I'm going to teach you how to go back to normal. Soul will come back to being a separate part of you but it won't be like last time you two bonded. Not painful at all.'

I whined. "Why can't I just stay like this? I don't want two voices bossing me around in my head..."

'What are you talking about, you only have your sister Soul...'

"And you! You talk to me in my head! I don't want to have voices anymore..." I crossed my arms and scooted around on my butt so I could turn my back on her without having to get up.

'Shimmer, you can't stay in that form. Eventually you will get tired and unable to even turn back, and you will go into a long sleep that you might never wake up from... The power even needed to turn into the full Neko-Mata form is so powerful that it drains almost most of your magick. But that part will regenerate quickly enough for you to stay in that form for five days without using magick.'

I sighed. "Fine... I don't wanna sleep forever... But I don't want to have Soul back... But I choose the ladder." I purred, happy with my decision.

Amethyst nodded and went on a long rant about how to be careful and keep from using all my power. I slowly lost interest and started dosing off. A few moments later, a loud shriek came through my head, screaming my name, making me jump up, ready to fight, eyes black and gray.

"Shit! What!?" I yelled, twitching my ears as I felt all sleep drain from my body.

'Don't use magick! You just spawned a large cat bed! Stop draining your magick!' Amethyst screamed in my head.

I looked down. A black cushion with walls all around it except for one portion was lying to my left. I flicked my tails. 'I did that?'

'You didn't realize it?' I shook my head. 'Huh, then it must not have taken much to spawn. I guess that is fine, you must have been listening to me then.'

I blushed, looking down, eyes pink. "Well... Not really... But I do know what you are thinking and the whole conversation is still in your mind!"

Amethyst scuffed and coiled up. 'Then turn back to your neko form.'

I gulped, ears up, looking around. Then I just concentrated on becoming normal. Slowly, I could feel magick fill my veins and every muscle in my body. With a rush, I felt my hair go wild around my head, my tails whip around behind me. I saw a lock of my hair whip by my face. It was white. I looked back slightly to see white tails. Slowly, they formed into one.

The feeling was weird, almost sickening. Everything was changing, and I felt it. I closed my eyes, only to be forced to open them by my unwilling body. As the magick slowly left my body, I felt like lead. I waited for my hair to fall back against my head, my tails to stop moving. Then I noticed the weight behind me was less than it was. I had one tail again. Then the sickly sweet voice filled my head again.

'Shimmer~ I'm back, sister~ How was your full form for you~ It was awesome for me~'

I growled and collapsed onto the cat bed. I fell asleep instantly, letting the sweet darkness fill my eyes and mind.