Blackouts and Flashbacks

Everything went dark

Everything went dark. My vision faded and faded fast. I wasn't in my room anymore, I knew that because of the change of smell around me. Then a flash of bright light and my vision returned.

The area around me was dark and dreary. Mist swirled around my ankles. What looked like poorly sketched trees were in the horizon, but not to far from me. I started walking towards the sketched woods.

"Don't head there yet," said the same voice that was in my head earlier, just more clear and life-like.

I turned to see a blue scaled wall behind me. Then it moved. Amathyist was huge, even I was scared of her. She was about 20 ft long, 5 ft in diameter, and 6 ft tall (from belly to back bone).

"A-a-amethyst?" I stuttered.

She nodded her great head. "Yes, dear. This is what I will look like by the end of this. But for now, I will shrink so I can travel with you to where we have to go." Slowly, her body started to shrink and grow smaller till she was the size of a young python. She slithered her way up my leg, around my torso, and then came to a stop on my shoulders. "Now, are you ready?"

"Where are we?" I asked after a long period of silence.

"Your mind. The dark part of it anyways. There is a happier side, I promise that. But once you accept your sister as truely part of you, the two parts of your head will become one, dark and light will combine to create something new. Are you prepared for that?"

I looked at the sketched woods. Taking in a deep breath, I nodded, walking forward to go find Soul.

~Time Skip~

The coal-drawn leaves crunched under my bare feet. I didn't have my shoes on when I was taken into my mind. I mean, I could probably just think up some shoes but what's the fun in that?

Amethyst kept telling me where I should turn, what way to go, how to walk. I am the daughter of the all powerful Zalgo, no one should be talking to me the way she has been. But I'm letting her get away with it because she's my baby.

"We're almost there," she whispered to me, her hissing voice soft and calm.

"Where are we even going?" I asked impatiently.

Amethyst chuckled softly. "To Soul. Turn right."

I did so, huffing. Then I saw an old shack, black like everything else, but real and not sketched. I slowly walked to the door, my ears perked up, listening for something inside. Nothing. My tail lashed behind me. Right when I touched the doorknob, everything went black again.

~First Flashback~

I was laying on a thin mattress. It was uncomfortable. I sat up and started to get dressed. I wasn't doing it, I was seeing whoever it was doing it was seeing. She moved around a familiar little room. She was small because she was barely taller than the wooden dresser.