Chapter 7- "Long Ride"

Start from the beginning

I took my sword and didn't hesitate to attack it from behind, by jumping on its back and slicing its head.

It didn't need more than a second for the monster to vanish into ashes and leaving me on top of Destiny.

Destiny's POV:

I slowly opened my eyes, afraid of what was I was going to view on top of me.

It wasn't that idiotic move, was it? I mean, I felt a weigh falling on me, but no action. Wouldn't have the kid already killed me if it was it?

I was relieved to view Nico staring at me and I stared back. We both had a surprised look on our face and immediately blushed, something I never thought I would have the chance to see Nico do.

"Sorry." We both again muttered at the same time as we quickly stood up.

He was running his hand through his hair, flipping them to the side while he kept his stare at the ground. It was at that point when I realised he wasn't being arrogant, but still managed to be hot.

How he did that, I have no clue.

"You know... You saved me you shouldn't be sorry unless you hate me that much." I teased him but what I didn't expect at all was him not wasting a second to reply back "I don't hate you."

A complete silence fell upon us that was once again broken by Nico when he said "We should go find the others."

Before I even had the chance to agree he was already off, leaving be no choice but to follow him.

We had been walking for about half an hour and I started to wonder how far the others had walked in such a short period of time, when suddenly a quite murmuring echoed to my ears.

"Guys..?" I shouted as I approached the sound of who I supposed were my friends. The murmurs stopped to the sound if my voice and, luckily I was right.

My friends turned around and waited for me and Nico to catch up with them.

Only when we finally reached them Tyler asked us "So did you find the boy's mother?" I shrugged and turned to look at Nico, only to realise he was already staring at me.

I tried to push away the butterflies from my stomach when we made eye contact. Of course since him being Nico, his expression changed and he gave me an I-told-you-so look, right before he muttered "tell them."

Of course he was staring at me to make me feel even more useless for being so naive! What did you think, Destiny? That we was staring at you cause you have nice eyes or something?

I crossed my arms and took a deep breath, my sight to the ground. "The kid was a monster, the son of Medusa to be exact. He tried to kill us. More monsters are yet to come. Nico was right, I was wrong. I shouldn't have trust him. Happy?" I murmured quickly with an irritated tone rolling through my voice. I once again turned to fave Nico. He nodded his head, his expression blank.

"Oh my, Destiny are you okay?" Nathan asked me and embraced me into a warm hug.

I heard a scoff and didn't surprised me when I realised it came from Nico. "Well, she is cause I saved her."