Act 11: Day After

(Sans Pov)

My eyes fluttered open, nausea filling my senses. I shifted in the bed, my bones incredibly sore. I was just about to fall asleep again, but I soon looked over my surroundings.

To start off, I'm in Papyrus's room. Secondly there are items that indicate someone slept on the floor. Finally Papyrus wasn't in here with me.

I slowly worked my body to sit up on the bed. I stared at my mishapened feet in shock, they're slightly elongated with sharp claws. What use to be my bigest toes on each foot phalanges have now shrank, making my feet resemble that of a quadruped.

I moved my feet around. I noticed extra joints causing them to look horribly mishapen.

I nearly fell over when I heard Papyrus come up the stairs. Fear filling me, for some reason, I laid back down and pretended to sleep. I winced with my fast movements.

Papyrus entered the room, and sat next to me. He wiped some sweat off my forehead. I heard some shuffling the sound of a phone call. Papyrus was calling someone.

Papyrus: Hello, Alphys?

I couldn't hear what Alphys said on the other line, but Papyrus continue.

Papyrus: It is Sans, he had another 'episode.'

No not at the moment. He is sleeping.
Yes, last night. He shifted somewhat.
He is almost normal. Just a few extra......parts.
I think we should have him do it soon.
I will........try and persuade him.
We will come by later.
Tomorrow?
That sounds reasonable.
Thank you Alphys.
I am also sorry for the way he acted. It is not completely unexpected the way he acted. He must have been nervous.
Goodbye Alphys.

He gave me a brotherly kiss on the forehead, and left me alone. I quickly sat up again, only to ponder Papyrus's conversation with Alphys.

They want me to do something, and I'll need persuasion. Oh no. They're talking about me forcing this. I gestured at my feet. They want me to force my change.

I got off the bed and put my weight on my newly changed feet. They were incredibly uncomfortable when pushing the heels to the ground. I tried to balance my weight on the front balls of my feet. The new postion felt natural.

I attempted to take a step, but I stumbled to the ground with a thud. I became annoyed, 'thump' 'thump' 'thump'. Something close to me was hitting the ground in a repeated pattern.

I felt a strange tingling sensation towards the bottom of my vertebrate. I was beginning to stand up again, when something curled around my left Fibula. I turned my head only to discover a fifth limb.

A tail.

I felt embarrassed to have not noticed it earlier. At least I found my way to gain better balance. Once back on my feet I tried to move it, but it seemed to have a mind of its own. Without really trying I was able to walk perfectly fine.

It was oddly satisfying.

I quietly opened the door. Once the door was shut, as slowly as possible, I came face to face with Papyrus.

"Hello Sans," Papyrus said cheerfully as he gave me a hug, "you seem to be........well better." Papyrus let me go and awkwardly looked me over. He tried his best to avert his gaze from my tail.

"i know bro," I tried to make some conversation of this big mess, "it's....ah......quite the conversation starter." I motion to my tail.

"Well," Papyrus was nervously trying to change the subject, "how about some breakfast. After all with an magic increase like yours, you must be starving." Papyrus sounded incredibly smart. Not that I'm saying he's stupid, but he sounded more like Alphys.

"spending time with Alphys, huh," I gave Papyrus a 'you know what I mean' expression, "heh."

"He started blushing, "Not in that way Sans!"

"s'okay bro," I was about to tell a pun, but I nearly lost my balance and started leaning on Papyrus, "p-pap-pyrus-s."

"Sans!?!" His voice grew concerned, "I got you brother."

He picked me up and took me to our couch. I started to feel like I was being slowly stretched out. Then I realized, I'm still changing. It's incredibly slow paced, but none the less I'm changing.

Papyrus tried to help me stand. The intense pain throughout my body made this impossible.

"I am sorry Sans, but we need to do this now," he grabbed his phone, "we need to get Alphys. You are changing now."

"b-br-bro.....HRG...p-pleas-se....d-d-don-n't," I tried to reach out to him, but I winced back in pain. The changes were getting faster. My head started growing small bumps.

Papyrus went to his room, and talked to Alphys. All the while I trembled in pain. I fell off the couch, my arm tightly grasping my ribs.

My bones began to creek, as if pressurized. I rolled onto my ribs, my spine felt as if it were going to shatter. Another sharp, twisted surge of pain, and large spikes ripped through my shirt.

As soon as the spikes formed slightly, I stopped changing. I opened my previously shut eyes. Azure colored ozone dripped from my left eye. I collapsed to the floor, the pain preventing anymore movement.

I hadn't realized that I screamed. Papyrus, in tears, ran to my shivering form.

"Sans," he picked me up bridal style, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to leave you." He pressed his forehead to mine. "I failed you Brother."

"p....p.pap....s.....s..ok..." I muttered out to him before fainting.

Static began to fill my skull. The sound become louder and louder. It was soon driving me mad.

"stop!" I shouted. The static noised left at my aggressive tone.

"💧✌☠💧✍" a strange voice rang out. I soon recognized it.

"dad," I yelled back at the voice, tears began to fall, I thought he was dead. "dad i'm here!"

"✋ 👎✋👎 ❄☟✋💧 ❄⚐ ✡⚐🕆📬 👎✋👎☠🕯❄ ✋✍" he sounded again.

"what, no, no you didn't," I tried to reassure him, even though I didn't know if this was real or not.

"✋ ☟✌✞☜ ☟✌☼💣☜👎 ✡⚐🕆📬 ✋ 👌☼⚐😐☜ ✡⚐🕆☼ 💣⚐❄☟☜☼🕯💧 🏱☼⚐💣✋💧☜📬 🏱☹☜✌💧☜📬 ☺🕆💧❄ ☞⚐☼☝☜❄ 💣☜📬📬📬📬📬📬📬📬📬📬" his voice left after saying this.

"wait what promise? dad, no, please don't leave! I love you," I shouted for him to come back, but it was too late.

He's gone.

I opened my eyes and a bright light flashed at me. I'm at Alphys's lab.

I noticed Alphys talking to Papyrus while he held my hand. I gave him a gentle squeeze.

"Sans," he turned to face me, "you're awake. That's great." He leveled his face to mine. "You passed out before we got here. I was incredibly worried."

Nausea soon hit me. I felt like throwing up. Alphys noticed this and handed Papyrus a bucket. Thankfully he held it close to my face.

"Alphys, what is this for.....," he was cut off by me vomiting blue ozone. "Oh, here Sans." He brought it even closer, and I regurgitated even more. The stench was horrid. It didn't seem to matter to them though.

"Expelling magical energy," Alphys checked off a list filled with my symptoms, "well looks like we'll be heading out soon. The shift should be occurring again Sans, but if we hurry we can beat it. So you can force it, instead of, well you know. It taking you over."

I knew this was going to happen. I guess I just can't avoid it.

I'm in for a bad time.

____________________________________

((If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a vote))