Act 6: A Resolution

WARNING: There are Suicidal Thoughts!

(Papyrus POV)

As soon as Undyne was out of sight, I entered my house and panic struck.

I instantly doubted that Undyne would keep that promise, even though I said it to myself and not her. All I could do was hope that she wouldn't find him or if she did find Sans she wouldn't hurt him. Oh sweet mother of Asgore, don't let Undyne hurt my brother.

Tears were dripping from my cheek bones left and right, as I curled into a ball next to the couch.

I don't normally let my emotions get the better of me, but when I don't feel like the greatest I usually have Sans to comfort me.

Sans isn't here with me, I'm all alone. Oh god I......I c-can't live without him, please....oh..............please don't take him away.

It must have been hours since I started crying, it was all in complete agony.

I began to lose hope. "Sans is probably gone now," I whispered to myself with staggered breaths, "Undyne really did do her job. W-what am I going to do? People will wonder where Sans went. Maybe I can leave too, h-hardly any-anyone would notice. L...l-last time I checked, I HAVE NO FRIENDS!"

I began to start feeling like I was slipping away, when I heard a strange scrapping noise at the front door.

I slowly gathered the strength to open the door, just to find nothing was there. The now heavy snow fall covered any tracks that someone could leave, so I just shut the door.

I began to start moping when I heard a loud swishing noise come from upstairs. The sudden noise caused me to loose balance and fall to the floor.

"OOF," I exclaimed, as soreness overtook my pelvis, "what the heck was that?"

Slow heavy footsteps cause the ground to softly vibrate, someone is upstairs.

I began to quietly creep up the stairs, as a loud thud nearly caused me to collapse again. Regaining my focus I reached the top of the staircase. I immediately knew where the movement came from, Sans's room.

I began to tiptoe slowly towards his room, staying completely silent in the process.

I was now in front of the door, I couldn't here anything from inside. Calming myself down I quickly threw open the door.

To my surprise inside was Sans, sleeping soundly in a tightly curled ball barely fitting in the room.

I breathed a long sigh of relief, as I began to hug Sans's muzzle once again.

"Brother," I whimpered as I burst into a sob, "I th-thought I lost you." Sans stirred awake and too began to tear up. "PAPYRUSSSsssss," he slowly mumbled, having barely moved his jaw to speak.

We sat there together in a close embrace, when we were suddenly interrupted, once again, by my phone ringing.

Papyrus: Hello?

Undyne: (huff...puff) Papyrus, are you still at home?

Papyrus: Yes. Why?

Undyne: Good. I couldn't find it Paps. I don't know where that thing went, but it's not in the forest.

Papyrus: (internally sighing) Well I could have sworn it was there.

Undyne: I'm too tired. Been sprinting for about 2 hours now. Ugh....forget it, I'm going home.

Just make sure to keep an eye....erm.......eye socket out for any suspicious activity.

I'm still mad at Sans for not going with you. He's gonna get a piece of my mind.

Well, see you later Papy. How about we go train tomorrow, I'm really tired right now.

Papyrus: Well okay Undyne. You get some well deserved rest. Bye

Undyne: Bye nerd.

(click)

I really didn't know what I was going to do now. I eventually returned my focus to helping Sans. "I am going to have to call somebody to help you, Sans?"

I questioned as I noticed he fell back to sleep. I decided to leave him with a blanket and go ponder what to do with him.

"Oh, I can not get Undyne, she will know that I lied. People would be afraid of Sans. I need someone smart....Alphys," I thought to myself, "I will call Alphys."

I dialed Alphys's number, hoping that she could come up with a solution.

Alphys: Um......wh-who's th-there?

Papyrus: It is just me Alphys.

Alphys: Oh s-sorry Papyrus. I-I wasn't expecting a-anyone to call t-today. So....um...h-how's it going?

Papyrus: Listen Alphys I really need your help. RIGHT NOW!

Alphys: Geez P-payrus, what's g-going on?

Papyrus: There is something seriously wrong with Sans. He has changed. Physically.

Alphys: Oh...oh d-dear. What d-do you mean ph-physically?

Papyrus: Look, it would be better if you came here and see for yourself.

Alphys: Um...o-okay. I'll head o-over in a little b-bit. Can S-sans wait that l-long?

Papyrus: Yes he can wait. Do not rush yourself too much, but we really need your help.

Alphys: Okay. I'll b-be there in an h-hour or so. Bye P-papyrus.

Papyrus: Thank you so much Alphys, bye.

(click)

Things are beginning to get much more complicated.

Hold on Sans, we're getting help.

____________________________________

((If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a vote))