Act 3: Memory

Amazing art by the wonderful: SoraTheDutchie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Sans pov)

I remember it clearly now, the kid went through the entire underground slashing and attacking every monster in sight. It wasn't the first time they came here, and it certainly wasn't going to be the last.

This was actually around the 12th time I've seen them come through, only killing monsters once before.

When I first saw them, this time around, they just came from the Ruins, covered in white dust and wearing a disturbingly crooked smile.

I then noticed something else was wrong when they didn't even as much as flinch when I pulled my usual whoopee-cushion gag. They didn't even cooperate in Papyrus's puzzles.

I promised that old lady that I would watch over them and protect them, probably the hardest promise I tried to keep of my entire life.

While Paps was preparing for the............Human's arrival to the next puzzle, I watched them slay all the Dogs and any other defenseless monster, unlucky enough to be in the Human's path.

I tried threatening the Human out of continuing with this, but they never listened. They seemed to have no trouble........n-no trouble KILLING Papyrus.

Then from there the killing and slashing continued. Undyne, Muffet, then Mettaton, and from there, in the Great Hall, I decided to make my stand.

"it's a beautiful day outside. birds are singing flowers are blooming. on days like these kids like you," I say to start the fight, "s h o u l d b e b u r n I n g h e l l."

(Megalovania and the sounds from the battle with Sans can be heard)

I was able to easily kill the Human, and when they loaded their save file to fight me again, a look of pure astonishment fell upon their face.

Guess I'm pretty good at my job, huh.

Things continued like this for about 50 saves, then the Human tried another approach, they spared me. Instead of trying to stab me every turn, they'd just smile at me, like nothing really happened, and pick the MERCY option.

Something deep inside me burn with great anger and hatred, how stupid do they think I am, to pull such a gag,.............that, isn't funny.

I tried to ignore it, but as soon as I reached the turn when I spare them, what does the Human go and do, they spare me, yet again.

I just stood there, had I really done it, have I really persuaded them to stop. Then I began to think of the promise I made that old lady, and what Papyrus would do if he was in this situation.

I just opened my arms for a hug, like we were good friends, HA how stupid can I get.

Immediately after they took my sign of forgiveness, I dunked them.

Hey, to be honest they deserved it. "gggeeeeeettttt dunked on," I say as they slowly die, "if we were really friends, you won't come back."

Something didn't feel quite right when they did finally pass on. The burning feeling inside of me wasn't hatred............but something else.

I could feel it, slowly grasping at my bones. I started to feel light-headed, continuously tripping over my feet as I stumbled over to the nearest pillar for support.

Sweat began to pour uncontrollably from my skull, as a massive headache came over me. Before I could process that the world outside me began to melt away, I fainted.

(The world was reset, everyone was alive, and returned to their daily activities)

I could hear the faint sound of Papyrus making spaghetti, down in the kitchen area.

I opened my eye sockets, then I realized I was back in my room, in Snowdin. Guess the kid finally reset. Without barely moving, I could feel that same burning, agonizing pain from before.

There was something different this time, the pain was starting to make my bones cramp. Feeling that the pain wasn't going to subside, I decided to rush outside, past Papyrus who just barely notified me of breakfast being ready.

I didn't even have enough time to shut the front door before I collapsed to the ground, vomiting an acid like blue substance.

Papyrus rushed to my side, concerned with my sudden illness.

"BROTHER," Papyrus shouted with much concern, "ARE YOU OKAY? Do you need some medicine? I think you should just stay ho-" Papyrus paused as a loud crack came from my shivering form.

"SANS? WHAT IS HAPPENING TO YOU," Papyrus began to panic. I manage to say this, "br-broth-ther, HNNGG............st-stay away!" I began to shakenly pick myself up, and started to run as far away from Snowdin as quickly as I could. I barely noticed that Papyrus closely followed me, and began to shout at me to stop.

"BROTHER, PLEASE WAIT!!" Finally after about 3 minutes of running, I succumbed to the pain and fell down in the snow.

"Finally," Papyrus exclaimed, " now, brother what's wrong with y-." Papyrus trailed off as I could feel that my back was being ripped apart.

Large spikes emerged from my spine and ripped through my hoodie. "SANS! WHAT IS- WAIT, WHAT?" Papyrus quickly shouted, as he rushed to my side. He then held my arms to help me stand upright.

"i-i...NNRGH.....(huff)....paprus.......it hurts," I barely whimpered as I felt my legs splinter and shift into twisted angles.

The horrid stench of ozone filled the air, as magic from my left eye socket poured into the right. My now clawed hands were digging into his arms, as he began to tear up.

"Sans, I'm here. Just stay with me, okay. Do you think healing magic will help?" Papyrus slowly tried to calm me.

"p-pap....i-i..don't...know...i......HNNG," I muttered to him as I felt my skull being stretched.

I realized I was hurting him so let go and suddenly I started to rip, stretch, and grow, losing sight of everything around me. It was all too fast, I couldn't do anything anymore. It all hurt to much,.....t-too much.

Then there was nothing,.........I saw nothing,.......heard nothing,.......and felt nothing.

I was stuck in the endless void of my primal mind.

I couldn't remember anything past that point, it all turned into a fuzzy blur.

I leaned in close to Papyrus as he told me what happened after...............THAT happened.

(Papyrus POV/ Papyrus now telling Sans what he did)

I toppled to the ground, my jaw wide open, as I was being stared down by a massive beast, formally my brother.

"S-Sans?" I slowly questioned to the beast. "GRAAAAAAaaa," was the only answer I received from it, as it began to charge in my direction.

I tried to charge up some blue magic but failed, too fearful to do anything, I just stood there, waiting to meet my end, as the beast (Sans) jumped over me and headed into the forest.

"SANS!........Oh my......I-I need to get some help," I said to myself.

I sure had a problem on my hands.

____________________________________

((If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a vote))