Act 2: Discovery

(Sans pov)

When I finally woke up, I could hear the TV playing. Papyrus must of came home from his training, and decided to watch another one of Mettaton's shows. (Papyrus begins to snore loudly, echoing through the entire house). Well at least he is asleep.

I slowly removed my covers and sat on my bed. I stared at my room, most of the mess was cleaned, my sheets were washed and smelt like golden flowers. Even my mattress and pillow looked brand new, thank Asgore that I have Papyrus looking after me. I got up from my newly cleaned bed, there wasn't any pain, Papyrus was right, resting sure did the trick. Even though my room looked completely different, clean and organized, there was still something missing..........my hoodie.

Papyrus got me that hoodie when we first moved to Snowdin. He'd constantly nag me for not washing it as much as I should, so he resorted to taking it from me as I slept and washing it then. The old piece of clothe always made me feel that in some way, Paps is always hugging me. It is one very sentimental article of clothing. That hoodie is what, makes me, ME. "i bet paps just washed it and is letting it hang to dry," I told myself for reassurance. "but i should still go and find it."

I knew I shouldn't try to use a shortcut, because I would probably make too much noise straining myself, after all I am really weak right now. I quietly opened my door and stared down towards the living room area, Papyrus's head was facing me, resting on the back side of the couch, while the rest of him faced the static filled television set. Talk about awkward sleeping habits. "he's still asleep, great," I said as I, in a nearly frog-like manner, crept to his room. Thankfully his door was already opened, so I let myself in, without disturbing my brother of course.

The sweet sense of familiarity filled me with Determination. I quickly got up from my Froggit-walk position, to search the room for my lost possession. First I decided to check his closet, the obvious choice. All I could find in there were his neatly hanged clothes. His 'battle body' was also inside, guess I didn't notice his pajamas when I went by. I quickly search the rest of the room, mainly because there isn't really anywhere else to hind things in Papyrus's room. I began to become frustrated, small droplets of sweat began to form on top of my skull.

Only when I began to exit his room and return to my Froggit-walk sneaking position, did I notice a cardboard box behind his door. Even without the desire to find my hoodie, my curiosity began to kick in. The box it self wasn't carefully closed, but its contents (my hoodie) were nicely folded. I was relieved to have found it, but something appeared wrong, my hoodie was extremely ripped and damaged. There were five large stretched out holes on the back side, not to mention several other small holes and stretch marks. The zipper clothe was completely ripped off on one side, with loose threads barely clinging on. To top that all off the sleeves were ripped off at about my elbow's length.

"i don't remember doing anything that could cause this much damage," I told myself, before realizing that Papyrus was in the room with me. "Brother," he asked me, " What are you doing in my room? Did you have another nightmare? You appear to be in much better shape than be-." He paused as he noticed I was holding the last remains of my jacket. "Oh," he paused, "don't you remember what I said? I am going to try a sew it back together, but it is much too late now Sans. Can't you wait until the morning?"

I just stared at him, dumbfounded, I don't remember. "papyrus," I began, "i don't know what you're talking about. what happened to cause this? what happened to me?!?" My eye lights went out, but I didn't mean it in a way to scare him as he gave me his slightly feared expression. "Sans, you mean to tell me," he said as he approached me, "that you don't remember what happened. Why Sans you changed into something, something that I don't understand."

"i changed," I said with much confusion, "how did i change?..........bro i'm scared." "Sans," he said as he wiped a tear from my face, then pulling me in for a hug, "I was scared too. You turned into some type of beast, and you lost yourself and began to attack me. Then about a day later I finally found you again, and you were in control. I was so worried that you could have hurt someone, or yourself," Papyrus continued his story, and as he did I began to remember.

"it's a beautiful day outside. birds are singing. flowers are blooming. on days like these, kids like you, should be burning in hell."

____________________________________

((If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a vote))