Act 9: Discussion

(Sans Pov)

I woke up fairly early the next morning, Papyrus wasn't even awake. I decided to quickly get dressed, and head to the living room.

I quickly checked on Papyrus, he was still fast asleep. I almost shut the door when I vaguely noticed my hoodie, hanging up in his now opened closet. I quietly slipped into the room.

I looked it over, it was completely fixed. No tears, no rips, Papyrus really finished it. I almost started to tear up, man why am I so emotional.

Once in my newly repaired hoodie, I wrote Papyrus a note:

hey paps,

I'm headin out. i'll try to be back 'fore too long.

~love sans

I left the house in a hurry, the stir crazy emotions I felt finally left. I decided to call Alphys, as to not scare her or bother her if not a good time.

(ring)

Alphys: yawn.....um hello?

Sans: oh, s'up al?

Alphys: SANS?! H-how are y-you feeling tod-day?

Sans: fine. are you alright. shouted pretty loud tibia honest.

Alphys: Sans, Papyrus blasted my phone with concerned texts. He was very worried. He said you almost turned again.

Sans:....oh, ya. didn't mean too...................

Alphys: DIDN'T MEAN TO, Sans........this is serious. You should real-

Sans: look al I know this is serious. that's why you just need to listen. I need to come see you, right now.

Alphys:...a-alr-ight. s-see you soon.

Sans: wait....i'm sor-

(click)

"al," I said in frustration, "i didn't mean to. i'm all stressed out. (exhale) whatever."

I began to recollect myself, and headed to my workshop. Once I gathered some of the status reports, I locked the door and used a shortcut.

I arrived right outside of the lab, the thermogenic Hotland air causing my skull to perspirate.

Ignoring the new environmental change I entered Alphys's lab.

The room was completely black, as if no sign of light. The only sources of light were of my eye sockets, and a door.

"must of scared her a skele-ton, heh," I presumed the situation, "better just lea-"

"W-wait," Alphys's voiced called out, as the lights flickered on, "Sans."

"hey sciensis," I casually walked up to her, "i'm sorry 'bout earlier, s'just been stressful."

"That's fine Sans," Alphys reassured me, "I can understand, well the stress at least."

We moved our conversation to her desk, where we sorted through the status reports. Since I already read through them, I left alone to look them over.

"Hmm," Alphys sighed in acknowledgement, "well I no longer have doubts about your theory, but I have also started thinking about.....solutions."

I looked at her face, she stared back with concern before avoiding eye contact completely. I was questioning her actions, solutions to this problem are great. I thought I should ask.

"hey....um...al, what's with that expression," I asked concern growing with every passing second, "we want solutions. why the long face?

"I don't think you're going to like it," her response sent chills down my spine.

She led to the upstairs part of her lab. There we came up to a freshly cleaned desk.

"Now," Alphys began, "Papyrus told me that you weren't in control when it happened."

She continued explain the connection to me losing control and my arcane magic. I tried my best to follow where she was going with this explanation.

"is there a point," I began to get impatient, "or are you just showin' off?"

I noticed Alphys slightly blushing, "Sorry I-I got distracted. My point is I have an idea. M-mayb-be you sh-should-d....."

Alphys was sweating nervously, trying to avoid my eye contact.

She took a long breath, "maybe you should be forcing it to happen."

I was about to casually respond, then I reworked what she said. Wait, she wants me to force myself to change into that again. I didn't know what to say, just imagining going through that again, the intensity, the pain.

"alphys,"I said with a tone that caused her to hold her breathe, "i'm never doing that. i'm never ever changing again. capiche?"

The lights from my eye sockets went out, leaving two hollow dark voids looking right through Alphys. She became noticeably more nervous with every passing second.

"S-sans," she begins to frantically say, "I'm s-so s-sorry, b-b-but P-papyrus and I already a-agreed on th-this."

For a moment I felt compete and utter betrayal, Papyrus didn't mention this to me. I turned from her, contemplating my options. I knew this was the only option we have, but I hated it with passion.

"I-I-I th-thought that-t mayb-be we c-c-could try s-something l-like....." Alphys trailed off as I faced her again.

"al...alphys i'm sorry," I tried my best to sound apologetic not angry, "i-i-i can't do that, i don't feel comfortable with that. i gotta go......"

Without looking back I rushed out of the lab, only to brake into a sob outside. I was such a horrible friend to her, all from my selfishness. I knew that this was a solution, a way to get help, but my selfishness threw that out the window.

I used a shortcut home. I enter the house, a forced smile on my face, as to not worry Papyrus. He greeted me warmly.

"Hello Sans," his cheery response to my arrival made me slightly less discouraged, "what were you up to today? I recieved your note."

Papyrus held up the note I left him earlier. Suddenly the regret and worry struck me in my soul. I felt completely horrid.

"uh paps, um......i gotta go." I left the house before Papyrus could even finish his sentence, I'm such a jerk.

After that episode I decided to wash away my worries at Grillby's. Hopefully the pain and regret will subside for a little while.

I walked into the tavern with my usual greetings. I mainly ignored them as I sat down at my same old stool.

"hey grillbz," I said in a low mournful tone, "just give me somethin' to wash the worries down."

I placed down 20g on the counter, and the whole bar went silent.

"Very well.......but I worry about you. My friend." Grillby stared at me concern filled his expression.

He poured me a glass of an alcoholic beverage regardless. I slumped in the seat and drank it as Grillby pulled the gold away.

The taste was horrible, as usual, but I knew the more I take in the sooner it'll get better. I no longer cared about anything the entire night.

I'm such a wreck, aren't I?

____________________________________

((If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a vote))