Like father like son; damn that Cullen charm.

"Make yourselves at home, I'm going to uh, freshen up." Bella led them into the kitchen once she saw they had a few grocery bags each. "What are you doing here? I don't mind, of course. Edward said something about food."

"We knew you wouldn't have any groceries, so I'll start on some lunch. Don't take too long," Esme said, cocking an eyebrow meant to tease her. "It's been a while since I cooked a meal for my son. Plus, I have everything for my special lemonade."

"Well, that sounds good to me." Bella hoped that Edward could handle a tipsy version of her. If he thought she had a bad filter sober, he had no idea of what was in store for him. She sang as she made her way to her bedroom, and before she could reach it, Edward cornered her in the hallway outside her bedroom.

"Hmm, we've been here before," she said, looking up into his dark green eyes.

"Don't even think about it."

She squirmed a little under his intense gaze. "Too late, but I respect your parents too much to even consider going down on you again while they're downstairs."

"You didn't have a problem with it last time," he said, though from the look in his eyes and the lift one corner of his lips, he was joking. "That's not why I stopped you." She shifted uncomfortably, her thighs rubbing together. "What's the matter?"

"I need to change," she said. "My underwear is riding up and let's just say—" His hand covered her mouth, his head shaking.

"Don't even say it. Jesus. I just had you and I'm ready for another round." Her eyes widened and her body melted. "Not going to happen. At least, not yet." He looked unsure about his words, but shook his head again. "We need to talk, so we'll visit with my parents, but I have some things I need to say."

Slowly, his hand moved from her mouth to cup her cheek, then to curl around the back of her head. "We do need to talk," she repeated, but had no idea what he expected from her. They seemed to want more from each other, but there was things she needed to remind him of before they could move forward. Like the fact that she may never be able to have a child.

Slow down, you barely got him to admit he wanted more.

His gaze roamed over her face, settling on her eyes. He dipped down to kiss her lips with such gentleness that she feared for a tiny moment it would be their last. The feeling was gone just as quickly. He continued meeting her mouth almost leisurely, murmuring something she couldn't quite catch. She realized he wasn't going anywhere; somehow, she knew that as a fact. Breathless, she pushed him back, watching him wipe his bottom lip with his thumb.

"We have plenty of time." After that, he told her he'd be downstairs, and for her to hurry.

She practically floated into her bedroom and cleaned up in record time. A white summer dress and a high ponytail completed the look as she skipped downstairs to find Edward pacing in her living room. She'd seen the look before, one of a cornered animal, one that was ready to flee. It was not a good thing.

"You're not leaving," she said, her heart racing.

Edward's gaze swung toward her, running down her body once before meeting her eyes. "I'm not." His hands lifted to tug at his hair. "It's just something came up and I don't know how to handle it."

She approached him with caution, and the moment she stepped into his space, his arms were around her. His nose nuzzled her hair and his breath exhaled sharply. "How about we try to handle it together?"

His arms only tightened around her, and for a few minutes, he held her. "My parents received a letter from one of the families."

"One of the families?" she asked, but he pulled away and winced, retreating and pacing again.