Surprise

She pulled back to allow him to see her face. "Do you see me complaining?" He groaned and swept her into a claiming kiss that drove her hips to undulate against him. Their fingers reached for barriers that kept the other from touching skin freely. His shirt opened for her touch and the hem of her dress lifted to around her waist, his hand slipped between her thighs. "Fuck, Edward."

He groaned and pressed his mouth to hers again, thrusting his tongue inside her in the same rhythm as his fingers. She scrambled to reach for his jeans, wanting to feel his cock in her palm and in her mouth, if he let her.

A loud wail of a siren came from behind and startled them to cover up, their eyes on Emmett in his police cruiser as he drove up. The car jeep came to a stop shortly before reaching them. "I can overlook a few things, Edward, but this kind of roadside service is not one of them."

"Asshole," Edward hissed as he flipped him off over his shoulder, righting Bella's dress around her knees and doing his best to keep her from view. She giggled softly, stroking him once more over his jeans. He dropped his mouth to her ear. "Christ, you're going to pay for that."

The cruiser pulled up beside the tail of Edward's truck, Emmett chuckled. "I'd say get a room, but I was asked to escort you to Bella's house." Emmett's dimples came into play, meaning he wouldn't leave them alone until he completed his mission. The ache between her legs would have to wait until they could be alone once they reached the house.

Edward helped her off the truck and she asked, "Why would we need an escort?" Edward walked behind her, holding her close enough to hide the bulge in his jeans. She'd turn right around and take advantage of his state if they didn't have an audience.

"Esme asked me to join you."

That's cryptic, Bella thought, watching as Emmett drove a few yards away, giving them a little privacy.

Edward seemed confused as he helped her climb into the truck, once again ensuring her dress kept her covered. "Why would he need to escort us?"

Bella shook her head. "Maybe it has to do with the surprise your mother mentioned."

"I hate surprises."

"Aw," she said. "But I was a surprise."

"You're right, and I definitely don't hate you." She smiled as he closed the door and kissed her through the window. "Let's go before we get worked up again." She laughed, when it obvious he had to make an adjustment.

They drove behind Emmett in silence, both preoccupied with what awaited them at her house. Bella also wondered what it all meant for their relationship, too. After spending almost a week with Edward, she didn't think she could stand a night without him, despite the fact that he didn't always stay in bed with her. It would have to wait until they had a moment alone again, determined not to make more needless mistakes. Miscommunication would only stop if they were honest with each other.

Emmett was out of his cruiser before Edward managed to pull in behind a familiar truck. Bella's eyes widened and she scrambled to get out. She didn't know what to expect, but the person nervously waiting on the porch was not even in her realm of possibilities.

"Give him a chance to explain," Emmett stated, walking backward and putting himself between Edward and their visitor. That was not a good idea.

"What are you doing there?" Edward asked, ignoring Emmett. His words and the glare were clear indication of how upset he was at the moment. Bella was curious, too, but she didn't look as murderous as Edward did as he made his way to the man on the porch. She wasn't sure if he was that angry because of what Jacob had done or because he cock-blocked them—probably both.