I tightened my fists on his collar. “Fredo offered me to stay with him that day. He told me partying isn’t the most important thing in life—that I should just chill back with him. He said I needed rest, not to go to some birthday party for someone I didn’t even know. You argued with him, Twist. You wanted me to go with you so you were against everything Fredo said. But, as always, he was right. If I only would’ve stayed with him… Now he’s gone…”

Twist grabbed my arms and began trying to push me off of him. “What do you mean he’s gone?”

“Guys!” Za yelled. “Break off the fight already! What are you guys, five?!”

I shut my eyes, trying hard not to think of Alfredo. Truth is, I wanted him to come back to me. He’s one of my best friends and he always knew what was best for everyone—including me.

Letting go of Twist, I took two steps back and tried to regain my composure. Without saying a word, I stomped off towards Jackie, stopping right in front of her and gently grabbing her hand. My voice lowered and became soft as I squeezed her hand lightly. “Let’s go,” I whispered.

She opened her mouth to question me but I tugged on her hand to get her to start walking and then I led her out of the hotel suite without saying a word to the Lil’s. We sneakily made our way out of the entire building and I knew Jackie wanted to ask me where exactly we were going, but she didn’t dare say anything.

I guess she trusts me.

We soon got to the parking lot and I opened the passenger side door for Jackie and waited until she got inside my car before I made my way around to the driver’s side. I revved up the car and pulled onto the road, making my way down several streets at a time.

The air around us was silent, and I guess Jackie realized that and decided to turn on the radio so that music could feel the gap. I bit my lip and frowned, letting out a small sigh.

“Turn that down,” I said, a wave of deja-vu tingling in my spine. Jackie let out a pout before leaning forwards and turning down the volume. “More,” and she lowered it again. “A little more,” I repeated and soon, the radio was off.

“Why do you always do that?” she turned to me, a sense of annoyance in her voice.

“Do what?” I glanced at her quickly before focusing on the road again.

“You know exactly what I’m talking about,” she mumbled. “You always make me turn off the radio.”

“I’ve only done it once before, you know.”

“Well this is your second time,” she countered, crossing her arms. “I just want to know why you’re a famous singer who doesn’t like to listen to music in the car. It’s a little weird considering you’re a musician.”

“I just don’t like listening to the radio,” I spoke slowly.