CHAPTER 10

Song: Mike Posner - Arms Of A Stranger (Grey Remix)

So today I'm going to have lunch with my mum so I'm really excited because... She's my mum...? No, just kidding, she's always working so it's rare when we have lunch and stuff. She works too much but she says she likes it.

We decided that we would go to the chinese restaurant. You probably guessed that she let me choose so I'm pretty happy.

I'm now almost ready cause we have to meet there because she's been at work all morning.

I wore my jeans with a blue shirt and my all stars of course. I sprayed some perfume on myself and I grabbed my bag.

I left the house in a few minutes and I started walking towards the chinese restaurant that means, one block away and there was so much sunshine that I had to put my shades on.

I reach the restaurant in a few minutes and a lady approaches me.

"How many people?" The lady asks me.

"Two please." I tell her grinning as I follow her when she leads me to my sit. A small booth. It's cozy actually.

I take a sit and I grab my phone while my mom doesn't arrive and I scroll through Instagram of course. I watch Hay's picture with Nick where they're kissing and I can't help but comment.

"It's not enough that you kiss in front of me but on my phone too? :) LY!"

I laugh at myself until I see my mum in the entrance. She looks around for a bit and then finds me with her eyes and smiles as she approaches me and kisses my cheek.

She takes a seat in front of me and we grab our menus. I already know what I want so I don't know why I even grabbed my menu.

The lady comes back and we both ask what we want and of course I order an iced tea.

"I'm so happy we're having lunch together..." My mom says as she grabs my hands and I can't help but smile at her too.

"Me too mom." I smile.

"So. It seems like I don't know anything about your life now. How's it going?" She asks me.

"Oh come on. That's not true... I'm fine mom." I say smiling thinking about Zach.

"Oh, you have the eyes..." She says smiling widely at me.

"What eyes?" I ask her.

"The eyes I had when I met your father." She says looking at me like I'm hiding something. Which I am.

"Okay... I have a boyfriend." I tell her and she squeals.

"Oh my god. Who is he? Do I know him?" She asks me.

"Yes...? You do mom? I don't know. I've been scared... I wanted to tell you but... Okay mom, you promise that if I tell you who it is please don't freak out or tell Shane please." I tell her basically pleading with my eyes.

"Okay but who is he Sophie?" She asks me.

"He's Zach King..." I whisper looking down.

"What? Can you talk louder?" She asks.

"Zach King." I tell her again as I look at her face and she looks confused.

"Zach King? Zach King, Zach King..? Zach King?!" She finally says as she looks at me.

"The head surgeon of the hospital which is the hospital he owns. That Zach King?" She asks me.

"Is he the head surgeon? I didn't know. I thought he was only in neuro?" I say half skipping away from the question but the other half really didn't know. Interesting...