25. Seven Wonders

Start from the beginning

Clinging onto the foot with one arm, Namjoon raised his free hand, his eyes brown and pointed teeth gritted. The ground beneath the ogre's feet started to shake, nearly making the monster fall, then boulders started to rise, sticking onto the ogre's feet and forcing it to place. Namjoon crawled up the monster's leg as the rocks formed around it.

Emily blinked at the sight of the struggling ogre. "Namjoon, what are you doing?!"

"He's trapping the ogre in its place. It won't be swinging it's feet around any time soon," Hearing Hoseok's voice, Namjoon saw him floating just above him, his green eyes wide behind his glasses, although he had a sly smirk on his face. "Touchè, you grape."

"Don't call me a grape," Namjoon snapped, hopping off the ogre's leg and finally landing on the ground safely. "Go get Jungkook!"

"Aye, aye, captain!," Hoseok did a salute before he floated higher and disappeared.

Namjoon flinched when he felt a hand on his shoulder, throwing a punch and only pausing when he realized that he was looking at Yoongi's pale face. Yoongi didn't look worried at how he almost lost his teeth. "It's just me. Sky and I made sure that the civilians are safe. We're the only ones left in this area with that stinky thing."

"We have to hurry up before the government acts and sends troops here," You said as you walked in, whistling with your sword placed on your shoulder, Yoongi staring at you as you did. "We don't want anyone else to get involved in this fight— what?"

Namjoon felt nauseous when your expression shifted drastically, eyes wide and head tilted upwards. Yoongi had the same face on, so Namjoon turned around, gulping when he saw what exactly had made the two of you so baffled.

The ogre's mouth was wide open but instead of saliva, huge insects were spilling out of his jaw. Cockroach-like creatures, with eight legs, a hard shell and a horrible. The insects landed on the ground in a mountain, the pile growing until it reached the ogre's knees, all squealing as they attempted to stand and walk. All of them froze, staring at everyone standing around in silence. Namjoon noticed that you, Yoongi and Jin in particular had horrified expressions.

"Uhm," Jia, who was standing behind Emily with trembling legs, shivered as she made direct eye contact with one of the insects. "What the heck are those?"

"Those are Kerns!," Jungkook's voice boomed from up high. "Those things can turn you into a monster like this ogre if you let it attach to your back! Stay away from them!"

"We have to kill them," Jin seethed, opposing Jungkook's statement, teeth gritted, eyes ocean blue and scales slowly appearing on his face. Namjoon and Jimin stepped backwards, a bit terrified at how Jin was starting to look like some kind of fish. He was angry, Namjoon could tell by how the water around his feet was boiling and smoking. "Now."

"W-What can kill it?," Jimin sttuttered when the insect near him started to move towards him.

"Fire can't, neither water, nor thunder. Slicing it in half can, but the shell is as hard as a rock," Everyone faced you as you stared at the ground, trying to remember a certain moment, when you saw a certain someone kill the insect within a blink of eye. "But Taehyung can."

"Taehyung? But he isn't here."

-

Jungkook was tired of wiggling so damn much, so he leaned on the ogre's finger, trying to catch his breath, beads of sweat making his blonde hair flat and stick on his forehead. To be honest, he nearly threw up in multiple occasions because of how the ogre would move so much, so he was glad that Namjoon stuck its feet to the ground. At the same time, he was worried about the others, with the overwhelming number of Kerns, it was possible for one of them to be transformed, and they definitely couldn't afford that to happen.