4.2 | Meet Miss Sylien

A/N: I deeply apologize for the slow [Re] Updates on this. It seems my average word count grew and I've working my way out to minimize so it's easily readable for you guys. Anyways, I hope you enjoy. Till next update, folks.

________________________________________

Arcane Beginnings

[Received]

[Breakdown]

x5 [Small] Salutem's Potion

x5 [Small] Plures' Potion

[Complete Set] Adventurer's Standard Clothing

x1 [Small] One Strap Pack

________________________________________

The translucent screen appeared just after I entered another blank space from the door. In my experience from playing retro 2010's MMORPG, I can say these items were decent enough, both in number and quality. Some of the ones I played before weren't too giving or sometimes the opposite. And that's what I love about these games. Not all offer the same equation to follow. Some games choose what you're given according to pre-game choices, some following a roguelike path, others straight up let you experience the harsh truth of their world and lots more variety.

Slow fade in and of my sense snapped me back from reminiscing my memories. I just witnessed the white wash away to pixels and into something more colorful. I admit all looked blurry... again. Things blurring then clearing might be normal around Arcayne. I found myself in a wooden rectangular room fit for me. It had me laughing inside, reminding me of those mall restroom stalls. Muffled noises and hazy figures walking to and fro caught my attention to the slight moist glass pane right in front of me. Not bothering to check first, I walked out of the stall.

Lucky for me, I wasn't in that stereotypical movie scenario where a new guy walks in a busy building and everyone turns silent. This time, no one cared, as if I walking out was a usual happening here. Scattered chatter, laughter and focused old music caught my attention first. Looking around the wooden walls with clear windows, the wooden chairs and tables all over the place with a few couch sets by the windows, lamps of various colored lighting hung over the walls and ceiling and lastly, the busy long bar to my right almost packed with its customers, I was in a tavern.

Hold on, no tutorials? No game backstory? Not a single pregame detail that can give me any clue to how Arcayne works? I guess MMORPGs have changed over time with their common standards and unique traits, excluding the VRI experience. But how do I achieve the tutorial, I mean if there ever is one? Perhaps I have to complete a condition or task for that to happen. But how?

The only place where I could ask around without looking like a newbie, which I am, is by the bar. I just hope bartenders around here are somewhat nice and accommodating. I took time taking glances around the tavern while I walked towards the bar. Turns out, there were a line of seven stalls like mine and players like me poured out at a normal pace. Spawn points for new players or for other players who choose to. Six out of the ten bar high chairs were taken by a single group of players or adventurers, as Arcus called me before. Staring at the bar closer, it resembled a fast food resto counter. Order boards of diverse sizes and colors decorated the high wall. The bar had everything aside from drinks: appetizers, side dishes, pastries and dessert. They even had milkshakes! Now where have you seen a medieval tavern sell MILKSHAKES!? I need to try them out. That is if I have enough money or whatever currency Arcayne has.