2|My Unlikely Dive For Answers

Truth be told, I slept without nightmares nor dreams. Nothing but the plain harmless darkness in my sleep. It was like my uneasiness faded when I hit the hay. All the bundled up emotions last night just poofed in my sleep. 

    I woke up with no trouble. Last night stunned me to a point I just wanted to sleep. I didn't bother to change clothes. Heck, even my room door was left open. 

    Thoughts and questions filled my head. Did I receive a text message from a friend who rode on a truck I saw crashed on the news last night? Other than that, something else left me dumbstruck. Why would Orion text me about the game anyway? 

    Although hesitant, I grabbed my phone from the nightstand. I looked back on the texts Orion sent me last night. Maybe it was just a prank. From his other friends, more likely. I doubted the possibility, remembering that Orion didn't know my number. Both of us didn't have any mutual friends. 

    It struck me. How the hell did Orion even know my phone number in the first place? I wanted answers. After making sure I had enough call credits, I called in Orion's "number". Not a single ring chimed. The robotic operator said that the number was no longer available. Figures. 

    Spending too much time on this only drained me mentally. I decided to forget all this for a moment. Breathing exercises calmed me whenever I over think things. My room still looked like a mess when I barged in and slept. I tidied up my bed, along with my bag and shoes.

    The sunlight piercing the windows provided light to my dim room. And yet, it wasn't enough. I turned on the lights. Thank goodness, Xandra hasn't messed up my place up yet. 

    I took a clearer look at myself in the mirror just beside my door. Didn't take me a minute to see I needed to fix myself and fast. Quickly grabbing new morning clothes from my dresser and cabinet, I dashed towards the bathroom outside by the end of the hall for a quick shower.

    After all that, I cleaned my room a bit more. It has been a while since my last cleanup. Few specks of dust left were thrown away. Everything else looked neat. My cabinets, study table, bookshelves, that really tall object covered in black cloth in the corner of my room, and my bed. Wait, since when did I have something with cloth draped over it?

    I didn't bother to turn my lights on last night, much my lampshade. That would explain why it didn't stand out too well. It certainly wasn't here before I left for work. Maybe another one of my sister's pranks. Xandra's been here all day. The thought only convinced me more that this was some elaborate joke. 

    About five years ago, Xandra pulled her very first prank on me. I couldn't rat her to our parents. I admit it was fun so I pranked her too. We went on and on, doing different pranks and jokes our minds could think. Fortunately, our-... Xandra's parents didn't see it as too childish

    For one, I wouldn't check on anything I find suspicious if someone was here. Better playing safe than looking stupid. I walked out of my room and stood by Xandra's room. Knocking on her thrice, I waited for her answer. Something sounded from her room but faint. Placing my ear on her door, I heard the sound clearer. It was her snores. Though Xandra will always deny it, she does snore. 

    It made me laugh a bit, recalling those childhood memories where I caught snoring in her sleep. Judging from her snoring, she wasn't going to wake up soon. I headed downstairs to do my usual morning routine. Making breakfast, cleaning the house up a bit and all that.

---

    Two hours passed and all is done. I wore a new set of clothes. Steaming breakfast ready by the dining room. The living room was spotless of Xandra's small mess of chips bits. Floors broomed and wiped clean. Lights left on for night now rested in the morning.