18: The Plan

Lepania watched as the doctor examined me. Today I was 5 months pregnant and I could feel the baby kick. I thought I could keep the gender a secret but Lepania kept begging. It was a boy, this boy was being very impatient. Since she knew I'd figured I would tell everyone else. She was shouting out names and already arranging plans with him. It seemed as if she was more excited about him getting out then all of us.

Rashad and I haven't converse in days and I knew he was going to be here in a few hours. I'll tell him the gender and that he's moving then go on with our lives. I spoke to Ms.Kenist last night and we made plans for her to come over. She asked me about the gender several times and I decided to tell her and Rashad over dinner.

~~~

While the servants were arranging the meal, Lepania and I were upstairs getting ready. She was no longer my handmaiden or a worker. She was my friend. She was a sister I never had. She curled my hair and helped me put in long lavender coloured silk dress with yellow flower print. She was wearing a knee length long sleeve black loose silky dress with her hair in a high ponytail. We walked out the room and she helped me down the stairs.

There, Ms.Kenist stood with a big huge smile. We chatted sitting on the Dining table waiting for Rashad. I was getting hungry and nibbled on grapes as we waited. He then walked in with a loose suit with Pèair following behind him. I looked down avoiding eye contact. I refuse to look at him.

    "Hello!" I smiled as Pèair made his way to me. I stood up and gave him a hug. "This is my friend Lepania" I said and she quietly shook his hand.

    "Nice to meet you" he said to her and I noticed a blush! We then sat and I kicked her under the table and she opened her eyes mouthing "stop"

    "You evil boy. Never called me and now you come? Don't touch to me" Ms.Kenist said looking at Pèair and he placed his hand on his chest as if she broke his heart.

    "Aww, my baby. I'm sorry" he said hugging her and Ms.Kenist giggled. He then sat next to her and they spoke of old times.

     "You know he used to be the towns bed wetter?" She said making us giggle. "His mother and I were close friends, very, very close. When she died, I took him in. My other son" she said patting his head. "My favourite son" she added making Rashad roll his eyes.

       After catching up to each other the food came in and we started eating. I felt Lepania kick me under the table and I stopped eating.

      "I got a secret I want to share with you guys" I said and everyone stopped eating but Rashad was sipping on the glass of wine waiting for me to reveal it.

    "The baby is a boy" I said looking at Ms.Kenist and she smiled.

   "I want a girl, but boy is good" she said making us laugh.

   "Congratulations" Pèair smiled and raised a glass drinking it. And I thanked him. Ms.Kenist and Lepania started rambling about futures with the baby making me laugh at their ridiculous plans.

   "It's hitting me" I joked feeling a kick.

    "He want food. Eat" she said then called the servants ordering more. I kept eating my vegan soup but couldn't stand the taste of the new diet nor couldn't my baby which was why he was probably kicking. I ordered some chocolate cake and almost fell asleep soaking it in my mouth.