1: My Journey

𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐞

I packed my bags heading to Arabia. My mom smiles at me kissing my head. "I'll miss you" She smiled. "Mom I'll only be there for six months, don't worry" I kissed her. We waved good-bye, and I head to the plane to meet my father and his family.                            

                              ~~~

I got off the plane having a car pick me up and drop me to a huge house. "Woah" I smiled. The doorman opens the door before I could knock and hugged me. "You're, you're beautiful" he said cupping my cheeks. I smiled entering the beautiful house.    

He led me to a living room with an older woman, I guess is my father's wife and two girls who seem to be around my age. When they saw me, they didn't look surprised at all. The atmosphere was odd. "This is my daughter from America" he announced. 

The lady said her greetings and the two nodded. My father excused himself, and they started glaring at me. I saw as the middle aged woman was tempted to say something, but my father walked back in.  

"Girls, can you be sweethearts and show Melanie her room?" He asked the two, and they nodded walking pass me. I guess I should follow them. The room I was in was beautiful and organized neatly I then looked at the two girls standing there. My father already told me their names, Savia and Vania. His daughters who are now my step-sisters. They seemed bitter and had already rub to me as shallow.

"Why are you here?" One of them asked. I looked to her as if she lost her goddamn mind, I haven't done anything to her, and I was already getting terrible vibes from these two.     
"To see my father" I replied to her rude question. I wasn't known from being bitter, but I planned to if she wanted to play this game.      

"If it wasn't obvious enough, we don't want you here. You're not needed" The other said. As if cared. I didn't even know these two had existed

"Hun, I didn't and wouldn't come to see you, I came to see my father and you people might not think I'm needed here, but I am 'cause if I wasn't why would he send me this letter?" I said showing it off.  

The girl with the uneven haircut snatched it from me and ripped it to two. "Go back to where you came from" she gritted through her teeth before she left, shutting the door.                           

       𝐃𝐮𝐛𝐰𝐞

I went to the meeting and gulped at the sight of Sheikh Rashad.   

"You can't deny that you stole from me, I have it on camera Dubwe" he glared at me.      

"I'm sorry. I only did it for my family. I'm the single man in the house" I apologized.    

"YOU STOLE 2, 500! I trusted you! YOU BETRAYED ME!" He yelled. 

"I'm sorry I'll give you something for my apology" He stayed quiet but his eyes were loud watching my every movement. There were rumors of Rashad seeking a wife. And I had my two unwed daughters. Maybe he would consider them.. "You need a wife. I'll give you one of my Daughter's hand to make it better I'll give her". There was an uncomfortable silence filled in the room and I examined his face wishing for it to lighten up but instead, he remained quiet. "You can pick Savia or Vania" I suggested.   

"Im afraid I am not interested in neither one of them-" we were interrupted by a light knock on the door. My wife and two daughters knew better than to interrupt my meetings.    

"Come in!" I shouted as Melanie stood there. She was spitting image of her mother. There she stood with dark hair, bronze skin and slender. Her lips were full and pink. And her height, how tall she stood. Long, slender legs just like her mother.

"uh..hi" she slightly smiled. "Do you have a phone I can burrow?"she said nervously.  

"Didn't you ask the girls?' I said becoming frustrated. This made me look unprofessional.

"Yes, but they ignored me" she said with her head down and picking on her nails. What a bad habit. I quietly apologized to Rashad and turned my attention to her.   

"Come here" She quickly followed me and I gave her my phone. She thanked me then left.    
"I have never seen her around" Rashad said.

"Oh, yes. She just came" I said. He slowly nodded as we begun to proceed.

"Do you have anything else to offer me except your two daughters" he said. I hesitated, Then I thought about what I should give him. Melanie quickly returns my phone, and I notice Rashad staring at her. When she left I said what popped out my head.

"I can give you Melanie" I said. He stood there staring at me then nodded but I can tell he was thinking. This wasn't a yes or no this was a long thought. That was until he made eye contact with me then I saw he would consider it. I smiled shaking his hand. He had suddenly left and I sat there trying to figure out a way to bring Melanie to him."Melanie!" I called several times, and she came out of her room. "Take your bags, I'm taking you somewhere" I announced she nodded and came out with all of her belongings. Though I didn't know what I was thinking nor how she would feel but I did know I would have to do whatever to protect myself and my family. We were never close. exchanging Melanie was a rightful decision. We placed her bags in my car, and I drove to Rashad's Palace.