13: Jealous

"I am not staying here" I yelled marching downstairs. "I had enough of your bullshit Rashad, you will not treat me like this" I turned screaming at him. His face was red but I didn't care. "WHERE THE FUCK IS LEPANIA?" I asked.

Its been a three weeks. I haven't seen or heard of her. I was mad and upset.

    "Calm down" he said and I turned calm down? Me calm down?

    "Where's Lepania" I asked crossing my arms. I'm minutes away from busting in the kitchen and having a search on her.

    "She quit" Rashad said and my heart fell to my stomach.

    "What?"

   "She quit"

    "Where can I find her"

   "Mel, you know it's not safe for-"

     "Go to hell Rashad" I called. Before I could walk to another room the guards opened the door revealing the person I wanted to see.

"Ms. Kenist" I called running to her. We embraced each other for a while before pulling apart. She would come twice a week to see how I've grown.

"Aww how are you" she said cupping my cheek. "What Rashad do?" She asked with her head snapping to him.

"Ma, she's stressing me out" he said then started speaking in his language in a aggressive tone.

They went back and fourth until she said something that had silenced Rashad.

"Don't worry, we find your friend" she said to me. "You eat? Baby need food" she asked dragging me to the kitchen.

"I want to go home" I told her and she gave me a confused look.

"Home?"

"Yes, America. I don't want to be here. I want to see my mother" I told her and she smiled.

"No problem" she said. No problem? What does she mean "no problem"

     I sat on the stool watching her call things out to the maids. They came back with spices, meats, and vegetables.

    "What are you making?" I asked. It smelt great.

      "Surprise" she smiled and I grinned while chewing on grapes. "Where's Rashad?" She asked.

    "Upstairs working"

     "He have no life eh. No life" she said adding spices in the dish. "Call him" she commanded and I got down with my grapes and headed upstairs.

    I didn't bother knocking. "Your mom is calling you" I said watching him type away. He took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes.

    "What does she want"

     "You to drag your ass down stairs.I would go if I were you" I said standing there. "You look depressing" I commented observing his face.

   "And I wonder who made me that way" he said and I chuckled.

  "Me too!" I said following the flow. After a few chuckles it was silent. "Well we better get down there uh? You know how she is with the wooden spoon" I said referring to a couple night ago.

     "Don't remind me" his deep stressed voice said. "Ill be down in 5" I nodded and headed out. Our relationship was....complicated.

That night, we sat down eating the delicious stew Ms. Kenist had made.

"Its delicious" I said chewing on the vegetables.

"Rashad and Lina's favorite" she said and I smiled.

"Who's Lina?" I asked.

"My step daughter" she said and I smiled even more. Rashad wasn't very open when it came to family or anything at all. Ever since I found out I was pregnant all he did was bury himself into work. We didn't talk much, if we did, it would be us arguing. That night I kissed my other mother a goodbye and went upstairs. I fell asleep with deep thoughts.

~~~

2 months passed and I was now three months pregnant. My bump showed. I looked chubby. And my wedding was postponed.

I would usually sleep in Rashads room when he went out to business trips. It was more frequent. It first started off as a one time thing then built up to atleast twice a month. Its been 8 days and haven't heard of him. Lepania wasn't around. Ms. Kenist went in another country and is coming with my surprise in a week or two.

I walked out the bathroom after peeing for the 100th time these passed days. My fruit salad and chocolate syrup laid on the cart. While taking spoons of whip cream, I opened the smart tv in his room seeing his face. He was being followed by a camera crew coming out some fancy building. Him and this female was walking together side by side. Why was she there? He didn't tell me about meeting her there.

She was gorgeous. Her and Rashad would make such a perfect couple. But he was mines, well not exactly but we were together.Was he cheating on me? That explained a lot. The way he's been acting was different. Rashad was definitely cheating on me.

I didnt really know how to feel but I felt weird and quite ....jealous.