On screen, the same scene I've been seeing on every single news report and social network since two weeks - nope, it hadn't waned a damn bit, they're still trying to figure out who that woman is. The difference was, here the face of the woman was very evident. You could see her and recognize her clearly, as much as you could recognize the man. It wasn't me. It wasn't him. It wasn't us.

"What ..." my eyebrows furrowed as I neared the TV, unable to get the hang of it. I'm sure the tape that was released was ours, but this? "What the hell is this?"

Lukas shrugged, leaning on his desk. "The sex tape. It's everywhere, didn't you know? You even work in a newsroom, you should have seen it."

I rolled my eyes at his cheeky tone. "Yes, but this ... it's not the same thing, it's ... what is it?"

"It is the very same tape, honey, don't you recognize it?"

I turned to frown at him. "You edited it, didn't you? Just so I wouldn't have proof against you." I took a few steps closer, until I stood in front of him, glaring. "You thought it thoroughly, you're gonna release the uncut version as soon as I do something against you, is that right? Is that how you're gonna play? You sicken me, Lukas. You-"

"Shut the hell up for once, and think before jumping to conclusions. I know you love doing that, but for once in your life, get those brain cells working."

I blinked my eyes, irked at the words, but confused at the meaning.

He sighed, pointing at the TV, where the tape was still playing on mute. "Does that look like our old bedroom? Do those two look like us in the slightest trait? No. That's because I did not leak the video, you silly woman. I only pretended to."

"What? Why?"

He shrugged. "I wanted you to learn a lesson." He stood straight, so that now we were a mere inch away from each other. "What did I say the first time? Don't play with me, baby girl, you can't win."

I narrowed my eyes, but he didn't budge. "I lost my job because of this crap, you idiot." I accused, hitting him with my finger.

"What a shame." He taunted, a devilish smirk on his moronic face.

"Why didn't you leak the tape?" I should be relieved, yet I'm more confused. Didn't he want to bring me down? Didn't he hate me with all he has? When I read that text from him: I told you long ago, bitch, keep in mind I'm vindictive, I swear I blanched. I thought my whole world was gonna come down, I thought I would never resurface from it, I even wondered how could I push my husband so off as to bring him to hate me this much, while he once loved me. And yet he fooled me.

"I told you why."

"Yes, but the real reason. Why didn't you take such chance to humiliate me? You said you're vindictive."

He shrugged, sitting back against the desk. "You said you lost your job. You learned your lesson, I guess, so I got what I wanted."

"You blackmailed me." I pointed out.

"You kept me away from my kids."

I snorted, crossing my arms. "As if you even give a damn about them."

Lukas leaped to his feet, abruptly closing the gap between us, which caused me to nearly lose balance, especially as I came face first with his clenched jaw and his glacial stare. "I've spent the past seven weeks trying to get any contact with my children, and I kept being rejected, from Nicky and Gloria I received nothing but doors slammed in my face, phone calls hung up on me, and words of hatred, while Zach keeps telling me you say no to every damn plan we make."