Chapter 9: Vanilla Lattes & Cakes

Lay exclaimed in great wonder. “BO?!”

“The company had already the plan,” said the Manager. “Everything is all set, except... We haven’t found someone who perfectly fits to be your tutor.”

“Like what I’ve said, I can be Yixing’s perfect tutor.” Chen butted in. 

Everyone faced him with a blank expression, including manager-hyung. “Okay. I know I’m over-qualified to be Yixing’s tutor. I’ll shut my mouth now.” Chen covered his mouth immediately.

“You should have shut it before.” Sehun alleged.

“Kkaeb song ♫♪” Baekhyun started to sing.

Manager-hyung motioned them to keep quiet. “Yixing, you can always say no to this project. It’s just okay with me and even in the company. But, this one’s would be a great shot for you. Think more about it, Yixing.” He patted Yixing’s head softly.

“You always have a choice, Yixing.” – Manager-hyung

“What if I don’t choose?” Lay asked.

“Then, that’s your choice.” Manager-hyung answered him and soon after that, he managed to go ahead and leave the boys again.

As Manager-hyung left, the boys made a circle and started talking.

“Are you going, Yixing?” Luhan asked.

Lay motioned himself to do an ‘I-Still-Don’t-Know’ answer. “I really don’t know. I don’t even know how I will react. I’m still in the verge of shock.”

“There’s this one place I know wherein you can manage your thoughts well. I think you need to pay a visit there, it’s a great place though.” Chanyeol said.

Kai just laughed and started talking, “I think I know that place too.” And he even started laughing. Luhan and Chen joined teasing Chanyeol as soon as they realized it. “You’re making it too obvious, Yeollie.” Chen said.

Chanyeol’s eyes grew big and he even asked why. He was trying to act innocently and cool at the same time and then Kris butted in, “You can never be as cool as me. Just tell us that you just want to see Summer.” They all burst in laughter.

Suho checked the time in his watch and then he announced something, “We still have time, guys. Why don’t we pay a visit at Summer’s café later?”

Everyone in the room giggled, especially Chanyeol who keeps on denying stuff.

At the Café...

I was doing the dishes back in the Kitchen when Auntie came in. I greeted her while I’m doing my job, “Hi Auntie!” My auntie began to help me to do the dishes while sharing some stories of her.

As we finished doing the dishes she suddenly asked me, “Why did your mother send you here?” I was so shocked to hear her saying those. Haven’t mom informed her? “I mean, what did your mother say before heading off here?” She cleared.

I felt a sudden relief when I heard her rephrased her question. “She told me that I’ll be working here.” I answered her then I put all the plates inside the cabinet and faced her again.

“Is that all?” She asked. I just nodded and then she asked another question again, “What work did she offer to you?” I felt quite confused with how Auntie asks stuff. Why should she ask this way? But without hesitating, I answered her, “A tutor.”

“So, do you want to become one?” She asked.

I processed the thought first before I answered her. Teaching, I know I suck there for not having a long patience. I know how things are done but I really find it hard when it comes to explaining why things are done. But then I realized something.