Chapter 8: The New Beginning

“She’s my ideal girl... girl best friend.”

I felt my cheek burning again. A part of me felt vanishing when Kai uttered those words. He told us that I was his ideal girl... girl best friend. I felt that I was sent into cloud nine and then suddenly I got fallen into concrete grounds again.

I never thought about this kind of pain, it was so hard to handle it in all honesty. My eyes, I know in any second, tears will slowly be streaming down but I managed to hold it all.

I flashed a smile and laughed then, “Lol, we could manage to be best buddies, Kai oppa!”

Kai laughed his usual laugh; wherein those laughs, being near to Kim Jongin could put your life into danger. He could spank you to death. Nope, just exaggerating. Yep, just kidding.

Kai motioned me to do a high-five with him. “Yep! High five for my newest best buddy!”

Chanyeol suddenly came into the scene, “We could set a huge circle of friends! The more, the merrier!” He exclaimed in too much joy that his derpy smile almost covered his whole face again.

As the boys laughed, I laughed too. Although there was still pain in me, I managed to just keep it and just go on. Hold your feels first, Summer. Hold it first.

In the middle of our laughs, Kris’ phone rang. Suho’s number was registered. “Oh wait, this is Suho. Just a second, I’ll just answer it.”

We just nodded at Kris and tried to hold our laughter.

“Yoboseyo?” Kris started to converse with Suho. “Um? Yes, we’re on our way home now. We’ll be home in a snap.” Kris spoke coolly to Suho.

In a snap? As I observed, these guys aren’t that composed to go home yet. Their faces went down when they heard Kris said that they would be home in a snap.

“Lol, I just realized that I just want to live here. It’s just so sad to know that we’ll be going home now.” Chen said, and then he pouted.

“I’m hoping that, this won’t be the last time we’re going to hang out with you, Summer. It was so nice to meet you.” Kris said after ending the call.

The boys began to pack themselves up, preparing to go home. A part of me was kind of eager to see them to leave, because I felt that there were still many things to process.

“She’s my ideal girl... girl best friend.” Those words, it kept on replaying on mind. I was starting to clean up the whole table and then an arm wrapped me, “Hope to hang out again with you, best buddy!” Kai said while flashing his usual sunny smile. That sunny smile of him was one of my reasons why I did cherish him since then. “I hope so, too.” I said, averting his stares.

“So, this is all for now. We’ll be leaving now. We hope to see you again.” Said Kris. They bowed 90 degrees and wave their hands.

As soon as I leave, I cannot help but fell. My knees, they became weak in all of a sudden. My eyes, I felt my tears were slowly streaming down my face. I cannot hold my feelings anymore. How unbearable this pain could be?

I was sitting on the floor, crying.

It’s okay, Summer. At least he looks at you as his good friend. It’s okay, it’s okay.

I cried a little more but then I forced myself to stop, “Stop crying, Summer. It’s nothing. It’s nothing, okay?” I said to myself then I stood up.

As I stood up, somebody’s arms wrapped me from the back. “It’s okay. You can count on me.” He softly whispered.

The voice was very familiar then I turned to look who the person was.