Chapter 7: First/Second Day

Meanwhile at the Café,

Today is my first day, basically it’s my second, and it just happens that today would be my first day because of my work. My auntie assigned me to help uncle to handle the café in the morning, she even assigned me to clean the dance hall in my vacant hours and at night, and I am also assigned to help auntie in the café again. So far, auntie haven’t mention the ‘tutor-thingy’ yet.

I haven’t introduce myself properly yet. I am Summer Anne I. Lee, an 18-year old girl from the Pearl of the Orient Seas, Philippines. Others thought me of being a Fil-Kor or a Fil-Chi but I am a 100% Pinay. Due to my addiction to K-pop, I even studied their language too, that’s why speaking in Korean isn’t my problem at all. Besides, my mother taught how to speak a little Korean when I was still a kid; she used to stay here at South Korea for almost 10 years.

I am no nerd but sometimes, I prefer studying than anything. Of course, I was just kidding. To spazz, maybe? But to be honest, Summer is a bookworm, she often do songwriting when she’s in the mood but she sucks in singing. However, Summer can also dance.

It was fast fifteen after five in the afternoom, it was my time to go to dance hall and clean the place. But good news, Auntie cleaned it yesterday so I don’t need to do anything there. So I made my way to the Café to help Auntie and Uncle to manage the café.

Auntie Nina was a pure Pinay while Uncle Hyuk is a pure-blood Korean. They’re both sweet and caring. I bet they’re the perfect match for each other.

“What can I do here?” I asked Uncle. “You can do the dishes, dear. Your Auntie and I are still into customers.” Uncle ordered.

I immediately ran into the kitchen to do the dishes. There were plenty of glass wares and plates in the sink. “Oh Gods! Where shall I start?” I asked myself.

Meanwhile at SME...

The boys were practicing for their upcoming show. Suho leaded the practice and as expected, the good boys did follow him.

“Everyone worked hard today. Keep it up, boys!” Suho said.

As Suho announced that they will be all going home, every member started to pack. Meanwhile, Chanyeol packed his things up faster than his usual record.

“Are you going to visit Summer tonight?” Asked the bully Luhan.

“Yes.” Chanyeol replied fast. “I mean no. Why would I? No! No! No!” Replied the Denial King, Park Chanyeol.

At the Café...

I finally finished doing the dishes and it was kind of tiring. “Ahhhh!” I stretched my arms then a yawn followed. This day was way too long that I didn’t even mind the time. It was already 10 in the PM. The café won’t close still for it usually closes at 12 in the morning or 1, I guess.

*my phone beeped*

“Hi Summer! We just finished practicing Growl a while ago. I’m planning to see you tonight. Can I come?”

I don’t know what to say. I don’t even understand what this guy is up to. “Fans may see or catch you here, it might cause a chaos. So, it’s a no, oppa. I’m sorry.” I replied. I didn’t mean to be rude but yes, it was for his sake also.

Well, I guess he won’t come either even if I said that he could come. Why would he?

“Summer!” Auntie yelled.

“Wae?”

I immediately ran out of the kitchen to see Aunt. Surprisingly, as soon as I touch the door knob, the door opened by a boy. It was a boy whose smile was so radiant which was enough to relieve my tiredness.