Chapter 16: More Than Words

I woke up around six in the morning. I immediately reached for my towel then walked into the bathroom. I did my morning rituals, as usual. After that, I walked my way to the cafe. I still have my responsibilities there.

"Good morning, Uncle! Good morning, Aunt!" I greeted them, wearing a big grin.

I went to the kitchen to assist Aunt, and later went off to the desk to welcome some customers.

Same chores, different days. It depends on me on how I will make my day better than yesterday. I have three choices: 1. Make it more exciting, 2. Make it more dull, and lastly, 3. Just maintain the mood.

-

Time flies so fast. It was already 11 in the morning and I was expecting for Lay. You know, tutoring sessions.

While waiting for him, Kai called.

"Yoboseyo?" I answered his call on the third ring.

"I hope your plan would work. Summer! Fighting!" Kai cheered energetically.

I smiled, his cheer eased my nervousness but the smile on my face slowly faded when I heard someone on the background, "Did the lame plan of that ugly gull has already failed?"

Dang, from the way he talk, I know who that kid was already. Byun Baekhyun.

My brows twitched as I heard the two giggling.

"Did you call just to insult me?" I asked, literally annoyed.

I can still here giggles from them two. I know, I can feel it, they are holding their laughs. But then Baekhyun spoke on the background saying, "Do good, ugly gull. You should've studied it very well. Don't do idiotic stuff like you always do, arraso?"

Don't do idiotic stuff like you always do. Seriously, Baekhyun? If only you didn't help me, I will hit you hard in the face the next time we meet.

"Good luck," Kai said under his breath, "I know you'll succeed. You really have a nice plan, keep it up!"

Our conversation ended after a couple of minutes. Then, I was surprised to see Lay coming over.

"Mianhe. We did some errands before reaching here so I came late." As soon as he entered, he bowed at me telling that he was really sorry for being late.

Aw, he's really nice.

"It's alright." I said.

-

"We passed by the recording studio before we could reach here, so I brought my guitar here." He showed me his guitar as we walk our way to the library.

"Since we're running out of time, I didn't get the chance to leave it in our dorm. So I brought it with me."

"Oh? Is that so? That's nice. I'm still glad you have your guitar with you."

"Uh?" He eyes me skeptically. "We're going to use it?"

I just wiggled my brows twice while I opened the door of the library. We walked towards the second storey where we usually do the sessions.

I sat down, and so he did. I began talking about actors managing their scripts or lines.

"In order for one to act well, one must deliver his or her line properly." I told him. "But how could one deliver his or her line properly if he doesn't understand it?"

I glanced at him. He seemed to be sort of interested in what I was talking about, and that was according to my observation.

"So... In today's session, we aim to understand foreign words well." I began telling my plan. "In order to do that, we'll use English songs as our main material."