Chapter Twenty-Six (not edited)

"I was the best in water, unlike Daniel. He's always afraid of something." Deanna boasted loudly in the car causing her brother to bicker back. We caught a ride with Dean, who wouldn't take no for an answer when he asked to take us home. Surprisingly we got through the day without any interruption from his fiancè. And he never mentioned her throughout the entire day.

"Cute children we got there," Dean said, bringing me out of my thoughts without sparing me a glance as he drove the car.

"Yeah, they are cute 'cause I'm their mama," I smirked at him. I watched as he laughed and hit the steering wheel.

Dramatic much?

"Keep telling yourself that." He said in between laughter.

I rolled my eyes at his remark and told the pair to stop bickering at each other because it was not cute anymore.

He chuckled when I told them to stop and said "let them be. They will stop on their own account."

"You wouldn't be the one to tear them away from each other or have to be the bad parent when administering punishment," I said while taking out my phone because it was ringing.

"Hello?" I answered on the third ring.

A deep chuckled voice came through the speaker. "Where were you all day, cara?" He paused then continued "I called four times today."

Four times? Welp.

"Hey, Sebastian. My phone was in my handbag all day." I replied cheerfully and a broad smile etched onto my face.

I saw Dean shifted in his at the mentioned of Sebastian's name, in my peripheral view.

"Well, I'm back in the States and was wondering if I can take you out tonight?" He said smoothly.

"The Italian I guess." I heard Dean muttered with a pout on his face.

I think he better wipe that pout off his face because he had no reason to pout.

"Yes, I would love to go out with you tonight," I said laying it on thick over the phone.

"We're here!" Dean said loudly with that damn smirk on his face

I glared at him from my seat. He saw I was still on the phone and he was being loud.

"Who was that?" Sebastian asked.

"No one important," I sharpened my glare on Dean who was snickering in the background.

How immature!

Sebastian hesitated before he replied "Okay.... Alright then, I'll be picking you up at eight this evening, see you later beautiful."

"Bye," I said in a sing-song voice and hung up the phone with a goofy smile on my face.

"Bye?" Dean mimicked me then added "What the hell was that voice? Was it even necessary?"

"Shut up and drive," I said to him and turned to see the twin reading some book they found in the car, quietly.

He muttered something under his breath and pulled up in front of the house. He got out of the car and went to the trunk and got our bags and opened the car door for the twins. I got out and walked around to the side they were on.

"Thank you for today," I said politely with a serious expression on my face. I'm mad at him for being such a douche bag at times when it was uncalled for. Matter fact he shouldn't act like one period.

I tried taking the bags out of his hands but he tightened his grips around their handles pulling them away from me in the process. Never in my life, I wanted to punch someone this badly. "Please let go of the bags, I can take it from here," I said between gritted teeth.

"Mommy and daddy, are you guys fighting?" Daniel asked.

"No sweetheart, we're just having a disagreement," I assured him without taking my eyes off of Dean. " You guys go inside, Aunt Stephanie is already in the house." They stood for a second not believing what I told them, then they turned and ran into the house.

I sighed visibly and face palmed. "Dean," why does he always upsets the mood of the day? "If you have any decent bone in your body left, please just use it. I'm tired of your mind games. One minute you're declaring your undying feelings for me, the next you upset me...." I added in a somber tone " What was it you really want from me? You're confusing me with these scrambled messages."

He ran his hands through his hair and muttered an apology. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. I just want to be heard....You can listen to that Italian and not me and I'm mad about it." He skipped up the stairs and stood on the top of it, stretching his hands to help me up as well- which I totally ignored and made my way up them by myself. "Look, just think about what I asked you earlier today and when you're ready to listen to what I have to say, call me." He added, handing me the bags and leaning forward to kiss me on the cheek which was totally shocking.

"I have to go. Think about it, Beca." With that, he ran down the steps and got in his car and pulled out the driveway.

I touched my cheeks where he had kissed me and stood there dumbfounded. His lips brushed my cheeks faintly, however it still penetrated my shield that I held up against my heart.

I'm in some deep shit. I thought as I opened the door and entered the house, I greeted the couple and climbed the stairs up to my room and dumped the bags on the floor and jumped on the bed with my same water park clothes and turned into my pillow to scream. After that, I just burst into tears for no apparent reason. However, I just felt the need to cry. I cried for my past, cried for my parents and cried about my current situation with Dean.

I got off the bed and got my handbag and took out my phone and texted Sebastian about canceling our date tonight. I was not in the mood for anything tonight.

I crawled back into my bed, hugging my pillow and just wished the day away.

**************

Here is your second chapter for the night! Hope you guys enjoy it!!!

dont forget to vote comment and share this lovely book.