Chapter Twenty-One (not edited)

This amazing cover was made by Sky_Wolf246 !!! 

***********
After lunch, Dean too us home. I entered the house using the spare key Stephanie gave to me. I let the kids in first and they ran to the living room, switching the television.

Kids. I thought smiling to myself.

Taking off my jacket, I made my way to the living room as well. The house was quiet, meaning Steph's not home. Clasping my hands together, I sat on the couch thinking of a subtle way to put over Dean was their father. Daniel already like him from the way he was happily yapping in the car on the way here; Deanna on the other hand was hard to read. She spoke to Dean alright; however, I couldn't tell of she liked being around him or not.

Which five year old could mask her emotions like that?

I listened as they sing along to the Ben Ten theme song. They love that cartoon. I got up and went to the kitchen and got three glasses of water. Seeing we just came from lunch, I wouldn't bother myself to prepare anything, so I just sat on the table and called the twins in.

"Now you guys know about how feel about you drinking water. It's important. Y'all had juice at lunch, nothing wrong with that but you could use a cup of water too." I said as I handed each of them a glass of water. They always drink six glasses of water per day. For me, it's eight. And once a month we all drink bitters, which they hate doing but I explained the importance of detoxing our bodies.

"When you're finished, you can place the glass in the sink and sit at the table. I have something important to tell you." I said as I got up and put mine in the sink.

At lunch today, my feelings for Dean got stirred to the top again. He was the Dean I fell in love with, the one who wasn't afraid to be himself around me. I know he's engaged, and I shouldn't have an inkling of feelings for him but I couldn't help myself...first love just don't die. I know he still has feelings for me and was not afraid to let it be known in his gestures and accidental touches.

I was going have to put some distance between because I dont wanna be know as Rebeca the home wrecker.
I glanced over at the twins and saw they were waiting for me to tell them why I called them into the kichen.

Breathing out heavily, I gave them my full undivided attention. "Remember when you guys were little, you had a father's day pageant and you had to take your dad but you didn't had any and you asked me where was your father?" I asked them.

They looked confused for a moment and then lit up with recognition.
"Oh, yeah!" They said in unsion. When they do stuff like that, it kind of creeps me out a bit. I called it the twin power. "And you told us we don't have one, that you are both our daddy and mommy." Deanna said twirling her curls on her finger.

"Shut up Dea, you got it wrong. Mommy said that we don't need a daddy for the pageant, she was going be our daddy that day." Daniel said glaring at his sister.

"I know I remembered and that was it. Don't tell me fuh shut up next time, rass." She saidcgetting up in her brother's face.

"Deanna Cassy Harris! Go up to your room before I wash your mouth with soap." I said pointing towards the stairs glaring at her.

"But he first start it ma." She said stomping through the kitchen.

"Keep stomping see what's going to happen to your lil behind. Not because we are on vacation doesn't mean you wont get some lashes." This child. Sucking my teeth I looked over to see her twin snickering.

"Daniel." I called his name as a warning.

"Sorry, mommy." He said still grinning.

Sighing I continued my conversation with Daniel, I was going to tell Deanna later. When I told him Dean was his father you should've seen his face.

"I knew it!" He said matter of factly.

"You didn't know anything." I said chuckling.  Honestly I didn't expect this reaction from him but he seemed contented with knowing Dean was his dad. He did asked a few question as to why he didn't visit them at home, which made me stumbled over my words because I don't want to paint a picture of Dean to Daniel. After I was bombarded with a lot question Daniel ran off to find his sister. I guess to tell her the news.

It was after three PM, and I got up from the table to take out some greens to start up dinner. I measured one pint of rice and placed in a large bowl to be washed out.

Stephanie where do you keep your spices? I was looking in every single cupboard for what I wanted and to no avail, I didn't find anything. Sighing I picked up the rice and took it to the sink and let water run over it as I wash it. Stephanie don't buy American rice, she said ir tasted different from our rice at home so she buy our rice from the supermarket even though it's a bit expensive. After washing, I drained off the water and placed the rice on the counter to dry a bit more.

I peeled one onion and a whole bulb of garlic and chopped them up. Garlic is very healthy for you, that's why I use a lot of it. It helps with high blood pressure and also detox your body naturally so you don't have to use pills to get rid of bloats and unwanted toxic waste. I also chopped up sweet peppers, four blades of celery and eshallot(it's onion too but it has a milder flavour and boost your food a bit more).

I was cooking chicken stew with brown rice and home made bread. I know the twins wouldn't eat the rice that was why I'm making the bread.

With my hands deep in the flour I heard my phone ring. I swear people got bad timings sometimes.

Dusting out my hands I went to my purse in the living room and got out my phone.

"Hello?" I answered irritated for no reason.

"I take it your hospital visit didn't go so well." Sebastian honey voice filled my ears.
**********
Thank you for putting up with my late updates! I'm seriously blank at the moment but nevertheless try to put something together for you guys to enjoy! I hope it's not that bad lol

don't forget to share vote and comment. 😊💛