31

"What took you guys so long?" We all took this small recess as a chance to go over what just happened. Katherina, Andrew and Richard joined us while I was holding Nick. We had move to the outside corridor, so the Harrisons wouldn't bother us.

"Sorry, we all had to take a minute to get everything together." I saw Andrew looking at Nick. Through out everything that has happened, he is always looking at Nick. I still don't really like him, especially because he put Ethan in that coma. It wasn't as long as Mickey's, but it was still hell for me. However, he did help us out. I guess I can be nice.

"You want to hold him?" It was like I asked him if he wanted to meet god. He slowly nodded his head, and stuck out his hands. I placed Nick in his arms, and Nick only looked up at him for a sec. But then he smiled as he pulled on Andrew's nose.

"Hey little man, that hurts." Katherina still refused to hold him. She still says she doesn't have any right to hold him, so I didn't push her. But if she one day changes her mind, I don't think I will deny her it.

"The court is now back in session." We all went back inside. They took their seats, this time with those three sitting with us. I noticed the Harrisons glaring at their own children. Even I, who gave up my family and name, was never looked at with so much disgust by my own father. It made me feel pity for Katherina and Andrew. Especially because I know had it not been for their parents, we might have actually been on good terms from the start.

"I would like to hear from both parties one last time before I make my final decision on the case of Nicholas McClain." The Harrisons' lawyer gave their final statement. Still claiming that as Nick's biological family, they should have him. That they have the financial stability to take care of him. That I shouldn't even be allowed to see him, since they view my time with him as kidnapping. It doesn't help that they also somehow got a video of me being tackled down by my brothers, dads and Ethan while trying to get to Richard. And the time I charged after Andrew as well.

"Your honor that man reacts violently when something doesn't go his way. What's to say he won't lay a hand on Nicholas if he ever dose anything he doesn't like?" Their Lawyer directed this last question to me. Looking at myself in that video, I did look insane. That day all I thought about was hurting them, anyone who tried to take my son away from me really. Now, I regret not having a more calmer nature like Ethan or my brothers. Because judging by the way the judge was looking at the me on the screen, he was thinking the same thing as the Harrisons and their lawyer. I have never been good in situations like this. I was about to lose my nerve. Thoughts of me losing swirled in my head. Images of the Harrisons leaving with Nick popped in my head. I was losing my confidence, to the point I almost wanted to cry. But as always, my little miracle finds a way to save me.

"Dada!" All eyes turned to Nick. He was crying and squirming in Ethan's arms. He wanted to get out and come to me. "Dada! Dada!" He kept reaching for me and crying. I could tell Ethan was trying hard to calm him, even handing him to Freddy. But Nick just kept crying no matter who held him. I even saw him kick Freddy on the stomach a few times. They were getting up getting ready to walk out the courtroom.

"Your honor, may I please hold him?" I wasn't even worried about this case at the moment, I just wanted to hold my son.

"Your honor I object! This matter hasn't been settled. I don't find it appropriate for the child to even be here." Not so arranging now huh? He must have just taken the case since it involved the Harrisons. He thought it would have been easy money. With my reputation, I don't blame him. But at the moment, calming Nick down came first for me.

"Your honor he will only continue to cry. Even if we take him out it will only make him cry more." At this point I was about to jump over the gates to him if I had to. But I held myself back. This disruption will already look bad on us, I can't make things worse.

"Then allow my clients to calm him. As his biological grandparents they should be allowed that." He allowed the Harrisons to try and calm him. Seeing them reach for him was pissing me off, but I had to remain calm. I could see the looks Erin, my dad, Alastor and Val were giving me. Do all parents have the same 'be patient' type of look to them? I sat back down quietly because of their looks. Mr. Harrison took Nick from a reluctant and pissed Freddy, but he knew he couldn't disobey a judge. " Do you see. Even the child knows who is best to take care of him. He calmed down." Oh no, he didn't. I know that look all to well, as do the others. Erin, the Harrisons, their lawyer, the officer, and the judge watched as we all covered our ears. Once he realized that the man holding him wasn't me, he screamed. Louder than I have heard him scream before. Like if being held by Mr. Harrison was burning him.

"No!" When Nick wanted me, he meant it. Nick started kicking, squirming. For a one year old, he was really smart. He knows who he likes, and who he doesn't. I didn't care anymore what the judge said or thought. I wasn't gonna let my little guy cry like that. I took him from Mr. Harrison. He kept squirming and crying because his eyes were closed. He even hit me in the face. I held his bawled fist, and kissed it.

"Nick." Hearing my voice seemed to relax him a bit. He stopped squirming and looked at me with tear filled eyes. He was shaking, but I held him calmly in my arms. Just the way he likes it. He wiped his red rimmed eyes and looked at me. Touching my face as always to make sure it's me. I laughed at his angry face. "Daddy no go!" My little man is so smart. I kissed his little palm, then his round pink cheek. I heard him giggle when my stubble scratched his face.

"Dada no go, I promise. But can you be a good boy for dada? Can you let other daddy hold you until dada's done?" He looked to Ethan and held his hands out, reaching for him.

"Daddy." I swear I can't handle everyone crying. I smiled at a teary eyed Ethan as I handed Nick to him.

"I apologize for the disruption your honor. It won't happen again." I took my sit next to a smiling Erin.

"No it won't. Because I have made my decision." We all felt like it was an eternity before he spoke again. I was even holding my breath. "In the non-parental custody case of Nicholas McClain. I grant full custody to Carter McClain." I have never smiled so big in my whole life. I could hear the other clapping behind me. We're in a court after all, we have to behave even though we won. I thanked the judge, and Erin before I quickly went to pull my family into a big hug. We watched two very pissed off Harrisons exit the court room with their lawyer, but not before saying something to Katherina and Andrew. But judging by their faces, it wasn't anything that really effected them I guess.

I turned back to my family. Val, Alastor and dad looked at us with proud smiles. Marcus was covering an overly excited Jenny's mouth. Probably because she was saying many inappropriate words. James and Freddy high-fived before they both turned and kissed their loved ones. Izzy was more composed than a bright red Mickey. She just smiled as she rubbed her now showing belly. Ethan was smiling at a giggling Nick. We all walked out the courtroom, with bright smiles on our faces.

"Hey you three!" She was shouting once she was outside the courthouse. "Come on! Victory dinner at T.G.I Friday's!" After we finished signing a few more documents with Erin, we were all on our way out of the courthouse, when we spotted Katherina, Andrew, and Richard by the exit. Jenny was so loud other people turned to look.

"Are you sure?" I placed an arm around Richard's shoulders while I held Nick on my other arm, the girls looped their arms through Katherina's, and Ethan patted Andrew's back.

"Don't you guys still hate us?" Katherina was looking between Jenny and Izzy. Now that I think about it. Even in high school, I don't remember ever seeing Katherina hang out with other girls like this.

"We still have a lot of things to be mad at you guys about." Izzy started. I know she still held a small grudge about the whole 'involving Freddy and Mickey' thing. But she was trying to let it all go.

"But it's nothing a few drinks at T.G.I can't fix." I rolled my eyes at Jenny. I watched as they all walked away from the courthouse. I didn't even notice Ethan was now standing next to me.

"It's over." He looked up at me, and smiled that angelic smile I fell in love with. The lights from the bright sun shining on both him and Nick. A part inside me feels this is the work of not only god, but my mother. She sent me this man to change the way I was, and this little guy to guide me on a better path. An angel, and a miracle.

"Yeah it is." I kissed Nick's head, as we followed our family to the limo. Waiting for all of them to get in. "But something tells me this is only one part, in a much bigger story." Who knows what life has planned for us. But with this family, I know it's bound to be interesting.