3

"Ethan!" The second I entered the house, I went looking for him. Everyone was in the family room, watching a movie. I handed Nick to  Alastor quickly, and picked Ethan up into my arms. I hugged him so hard, I think I heard his back crack.

"Carter. Carter." His voice was going soft. And I started to feel his body go a little limp.

"Carter stop! He can't breath!" James and Freddy pulled me off him, while Izzy and Marcus helped sit him down. His face slowly getting color back. Jenny fanned his face to give him air.

"Carter, what happened?" I didn't even notice the tears of frustration on my face, till Val wiped under my eyes. I was in an emotional state, something I haven't been in since my mom died, and I first meet Ethan. So I did something I haven't done, and I sincerely missed. I held my mom.
______________________________________

Ethan

We all looked at the shocking sight before us. Whatever happened, has brought Carter to his knees. He clung to my mother's waist, and let the tears flow from his eyes. I just noticed that his hand was scratched up, with little droplets of blood.

"Izzy, can you get the first aid kit?" She and Jenny looked at me, but then noticed Carter's hand. They gasped, and Izzy went to get the kit.

"Carter, what happened to your hand?" Jenny picked it up, while Izzy started cleaning the scratches.

"Lose, can't, much." He had his face buried in the fabric of my mother's dress. She ran her fingers through his hair like she did for me. That's when I realized he wasn't just clinging to her because she was there. He was clinging onto his mother.

I looked to our dad's, and saw my father trying to calm Nick down.  Charles was looking at his son with so much sadness. James, Freddy and Marcus looking at their brother in pain. No one knew what to do. He just keeps saying the same thing. I slowly lift his head up, and my heart broke at the pain in his eyes. What did she do to him?!

"Carter. What happened?" I held his face with my hands, while he clung to our mother.

"She wants her and her family here tomorrow, to see Nick. They want to take him from me. And she threatened to have his real father fight to take him away from us." I looked to his hand, and knew that he did that because she touched him. The family doesn't know that on top of running the company, taking his classes, and staying with Nick. Carter has been going back to therapy. He was working through his problems, and she just brought all his progress back down the gutters.

"Dada!" We all looked stunned at a crying Nick. He was reaching for Carter, with tears in his bright blue eyes. I saw so many emotions in their eyes as Carter reached for him. "Dada, Dada!" The sight of both the of them crying in each other's arms, brought all of us to tears. I won't let that, bitch, do this to my family. We've been through enough. I have never felt this angry, and I need to let it out.
______________________________________

Jenny

I watched, wiping tears from my eyes as Carter held his son. Tears falling from both their eyes. We looked up when Ethan stood up, shaking, heading for the door.

"Ethan?" Out of no where, Ethan punched a hole straight into the wall. His fist coming out without any real damage. We were about to go to him, when he yelled.

"Don't follow me!" He slammed the door, and we heard as his footsteps disappear. You know shit's bad when the quiet ones snap. Everyone looked at the closed door in shock. Me? I looked at the door in anger and hatred. But not at him, or anyone in this family. I was angry at the bitch who is breaking this family apart. Especially after we were all trying to fix all our own problems.

"Baby?" I looked up to Marcus, and he looked down at me. I need to play this off as innocently as possible.

"Yeah my love?" Now's not the time Jenny! Clean mine! Focus! Dirty thoughts away!

"I need your keys." Damn it, I think he caught on to me. He was staring me straight in the eyes.

"For?" Play it cool Jenny!

"I want to go to the store. I need to calm down, you know me. Can I?" Puppy dog eyes, work your magic!

"Can I go too? I think we both should get some girl time. Let the guys have their cool down moment. Val? You in?" I love you Izzy! Her smile told me she thought the same thing.

"Yes. But let's take my car." She smiled at us, but I saw a strange look in her eyes. She kissed Carter and Nick on the heads, whispering something into Carter's ear. Then gave Alastor a kiss before walking out. I kissed Marcus, Izzy kissed Freddy, and Charles and James pretended to kiss someone doing the back groping thing. I rolled my eyes and followed them out. They were trying to lighten the mood for Carter.

We got into Val's car, and waited until we were away from the house. Then shocking both of us, Val hit the gas like it was her job. It caused me and Izzy to be pushed back into our seats.

"Val! Where's the fire?!" Izzy was in the back holding onto the seatbelt.

"Girls. When you become a mother, you become very defensive of your children. I may be a lady, but I am also a grown woman. And that little tramp just crossed the line." I have never seen Val's beautiful face look so scary.

"Where are we going?!" She pointed to the GPS, and me and Izzy stared in shock. How did she get it?!

"She's not getting off the hook that easy." I swear this bitch is either lucky, or blessed. Val ran every light and stop sign, and there was no cop in sight! A trip that should have lasted twenty minutes or so, took about five.

"Thank god." Izzy looked a little green when we stepped out. But her color came back when she saw where we were, "Okay, now this just ain't fare."

"Ladies. I give you the tacky, Harrison Estate." We looked as Val walked to the front doors, her head held high. Showing the ever present, and gorgeous proper lady she normally is. You wouldn't believe she drove like mad woman only a few seconds ago.

"Jenny?"

"Yeah?" We didn't even look at each other. We watched as she put a smile on her face. One that reminded of Ethan when he looks like an angel.

"Remind me never to piss someone in the Kingman family."

"Back at ya." This family is too scary, even for me.