1

"Mickey, do you remember me?" We watched as tears spilled from Freddy's eyes as Mickey squeezed his hand. The doctors told us, that Mickey still isn't a hundred percent back yet. His eyes are open, but it's still gonna take some time for his brain to connect everything properly. He won't always respond when we ask. But he will eventually.

"Can I try?" Freddy nodded, and let James take the seat next to Mickey. He instantly took his hand, and I saw a smile spread on James' face. "Hi Michael, do you you recognize my voice?" He moved his thumb once over the top of James' hand. I didn't miss the subtle change in color on James' cheeks. I smiled at my best friend and new little brother. Everyone took turns again talking and sitting with him.

"Hello son." My dad slowly took a seat, and gently picked up his hand. "I know this might all be too much for you. Waking up, and seeing so many faces here you don't really know. But this is your family now. Freddy is here with you, so you don't have to fear being without him." I smiled at him, even though Mickey couldn't turn his head to look at him just yet. "I won't rush you to feel comfortable with being my son. I may have rushed Freddy with calling me dad."

"Don't worry pop's, I'm happy you did." Freddy placed a hand on his shoulder, and smiled at both of them.

"Thank you son. Hopefully you come back to us fully Michael. We love you son." We watched a tear slide down his cheek. And it only made all of us tear up much more.

After promising to come back soon. We all got into the limo and rode home in silence. But it was okay. It wasn't awkward or tense, we were all happy. There just wasn't any words to properly express how we all felt. We all went to bed that night happy, and with smiles on our faces.
______________________________________

James

I couldn't sleep. My thoughts were filled with images of him, and his open eyes. His beautiful blue eyes. Not like Carter's mesmerizing sapphire blue eyes, his were lighter. A light pale blue, with specks of green. I only wish he was able to respond perfectly.

I look at my hand, and I swear I still feel his warmth on it. I can feel my cheeks burn at the memory of his thumb rubbing the back of my hand. I don't think anyone noticed though. But that's okay. I just hold that same hand closer to me. It can't be possible to already have feelings for him is it? I don't even know if he's gay, or if he even knows what gay is. He's only eighteen, and was put in a coma at eleven. My angel. Unless every Disney movie I have ever seen is wrong, then I already know what my feelings for Michael are. I just want to know if he feels them too. I already got rejected once. I'm scared of it happening again.
______________________________________

Mickey

It's strange. Not being able to move, or talk with my own body. But I can hear, and I remember. I remember my life from before everything turned dark. I was scared. I was scared that Freddy was gone, and that he left me to go find mommy and daddy.

But he didn't. I could hear him talk to me all the time. He would cry and apologize all the time. And I always wanted to hold him, and tell him everything was okay. But I never could. I am also scared that if I do talk, I will have my stutter again. And it will cause me to lose my big brother again. But now, not only him.

We have a family now. I hear it in Freddy's voice now when he talks. These people make him happy, and he wants me to meet them. He said that they love me, and they wouldn't hurt me. And they do sound nice. But there is one person, who I really want to meet. His hands always feel warm. They remind me of Freddy's hands when I was little, but his are much much warmer. His voice is also really nice. It sounds strong, but very nice. But I'm scared. What if he calls me names like the other kids did. I'm scared of them leaving, and taking Freddy from me.

I feel the nurse wipe under my eye. I know my eyes are open, but it feels like they can't focus. So I couldn't really see everyone when they came. I could only really hear and feel them.

"Don't worry. We'll make sure you go back home to your family soon." Home, family. Two words I am not used to hearing. It has always been me and Freddy, no family, no home. I want that. I want to have a home, and a family. And Freddy said we have that. A nice new dad, a strong and kind new big brother. A sweet brother, I think he said in-law? I don't know what that is. But he says it made our family bigger. He told me about everyone, and I want meet them. But the one I really want to see, is the one with the warm hands.