12

I woke up with the worst headache, but it was starting to go away the more I talked to Mickey. It was funny the way he stared at me when I first woke up. He said I was like a grumpy giant when I wake up, and that he has no clue how I haven't broken the bed. He's a funny guy when he opens up, but it did take him a minute to talk to me.

"So you got to meet the others yesterday?" He nodded his head. I noticed he will avoid talking if he can. I guess his stutter really bothers him. But I wanted to talk to him, he's my new little brother. "Is there any one you feel close to after meeting them?" His cheeks turned a shade of pink. They reminded me of Ethan whenever he blushes like that. It makes me want to tease him that much more. "You know, I think one of the nicest people I could ever be thankful for, is James." And he is now a tomato, I can't help but smile.

"H-h-he is n-n-nice." I shouldn't tease him, I know it's mean. But Mickey is this tiny, skinny, adorable little thing I just want to mess with. Not in a mean way, but more like a big brother teasing a younger one.

"Mickey." He turned to look at me, and I turned to look at him. "You are a member of this family now, that means you are a part of us. We protect each other here, we love each other. We all have our own issues, and we are working through them together. You are my little brother now. That means you will have one more big brother to go to for help. Don't ever feel like you have no one to turn to. If not me and Freddy, then dad, or Val. Anyone in the house is there for you. Don't hold back with us. This family can handle anything." I saw the tears in his eyes, and the smile behind his hands he was covering his mouth with. He may be eighteen, but he is an eleven year old trapped inside that body. I get out of my bed, a little woozy, and sit on his. He surprises me by pulling me into a hug. His thin arms wrapping around me like a life line.

"T-t-t-thank y-y-y-you." His stuttering was getting worse because of his tears. I simply pat his head, and let him cry himself dry. As he held me, I felt something I have only felt two timed before for someone. An intense desire to shelter them. It's like when I first laid my eyes on Ethan and Nicholas. I wanted nothing more in this world than to give them everything they ever wanted, and keep the evils of the world as far away from them as humanly possible. As I watch this small boy crying in my arms, his thin shoulders shaking from the fear, the confusion, the pain, the loss, and the new found love. I know deep in my heart that just like Freddy, I would do anything to keep him safe. I almost want to find the people who did this, and take care of them my damn self. But I know that Mickey wouldn't want that. So I just hold him until he is once again fast asleep.

"Hi." I look to the door, and the warm white glow of the hospital room makes it seem like Ethan and Nick are both glowing. I smile at the sight of the two people I would die for in this world. I open my arms, and he sits in between them with Nick in his. "You have no idea how happy I am to see you awake. I almost had a heart attack when I heard what happened." I kissed his head, and held Nick's little hand in mine.

"I'm sorry love. I guess I've just been so stressed out lately, that I forgot to keep an eye on my health." I still have much to work on between me and Ethan. It's not all sunshine and rainbows now. But I hope that we can go back to that soon, for everyone's sake. "Ethan?"

"Hm?" He was bouncing Nick in his lap, causing Nick to giggle so cutely. I was still holding into his little hand with my finger.

"I know that things haven't been going great for us, and we are discovering so many things about one another lately. I feel since we rushed into marriage, we never got to take the proper time to really discover things about one another." He sighed, but turned to lay his head between my head and my shoulder. His warmth and weight calming me down.

"I know what you mean. Every time you see these sides of me, sides that I try my best to keep hidden. I fear that you will regret being with me more and more, to the point that we end up splitting up. I want to remain the 'angel' that you fell in love with." Is that what has been bothering him? I turn him around, and take Nick into my arms.

"Dada." He touches my face, and he seems happy to know that I am here. I kiss his hand, but kept my eyes on Ethan the whole time.

"Ethan listen to me. I don't want you to feel like you have to be someone that your not. When I call you my angel, that's because that's what you are to me. I don't expect you to be perfect, because lord knows that I'm not. We have our faults, and that's okay. Yes. You have done some stuff that still bother me, but I have too. I have hurt you, but you have also stayed by my side. Ethan I love you. And I want you to always stay with me." He surprised me by placing a deep passionate kiss on my lips. It only stopped because someone yelled.

"Keep it rated G! There are innocent eyes in the room!" I rolled my eyes at Jenny. Marcus placed his hand on her hand, and she instantly calmed down. They were followed my Freddy and Izzy. Who were followed by my dad, Alastor and Val. And lastly James, who placed a bouquet of flowers next Mickey's bed. It's like he was unaware of the people that he entered the room with. I smiled at my life long best friend, and original brother. He has been through hell and back with me, even when I have been the one who put him there in the first place. He has always played the roll of the supporting friend, even when I was the one that he wanted. But now. That torch has been passed to someone else, and I approve of who it is. Especially because it seems that Michael has genuine feelings for James as well. I can't say how this will turn out. Especially because they know nothing about each other yet. But from what I can see. This family is about to because a whole lot closer. I wonder if any of this is normal?