23

Valentine's day was finally here, and we were so nerves. I think one of them might have even peed themselves. We decided to do something together, rather than risk blowing it alone. We made arrangements to have dinner at a local restaurant, go to the beach after and have a bonfire. Simple, but we don't have many options. I thought about going dancing, but Izzy gets tired, and Mickey can't really walk alone. Marcus thought a movie, but we felt that was even more simple. It was James who thought a bonfire could be nice and romantic.

"Do we have the bag with extra clothes?!" Freddy was running back and forth inside and outside.

"Yes, in the truck!" I shouted from the living room.

"Crap! How will we get Mickey's chair in the sand?!" Marcus shouted from the kitchen.

"I'll carry him!" James shouted from the downstairs bathroom. Yeah. We are not the most level headed right now. Even James and Marcus were scatter brained, and they're the calm ones!

"Boys!" I hardly use my loud voice anymore. Ethan told me that apparently I have a loud voice when I get upset. Thinking back on it, I guess I do. I remember using it on a couple of workers at the office. "We have been planning this for days,  we made sure to get everything done. Everything is set, the things are all packed. So can we please stop running like fucking chickens because I am getting dizzy!" They sat me down, and I felt my heart start to calm down. I guess even I was nerves. I just really want to make Ethan happy.

"Babe?" We looked up at the sound of Ethan's voice. The others left to let me have some privacy. He sat next to me, and pulled me to his side. I rested my head on his shoulder. "Carter, you don't have to worry. I'm sorry I put so much pressure on you. I was just really looking forward to spending Valentine's day with you. You don't need to stress so much. I'll love anything you do for me." I kissed him and pulled him to me. I could feel his abs through the thin shirt he was wearing. I smiled when I felt his shiver, and kissed the back of his neck. I could see his ears turning red, and that made me smile.

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have called it stupid, that was my fault. Everything is already planned, you just have to bring your sexy ass down those stairs when I call you later." He laughed that sweet laugh of his that made him look like my angel. I am really looking forward to tonight.
______________________________________

Katherina

"I don't want to do this!" I felt the stinging pain before it registered in my brain. I had been slapped again.

"Listen here you little whore. You will not disappoint this family again, do you understand me?!" I felt a sense of deja vu. I looked up at my father. His hit was enough to knock me down, but he knows how to hit me so I won't bruise. A Harrison woman should remain looking proper. That's what they always forced me to remember.

"I don't care if it's the little crippled boy, as long as you make sure this family is tied with the McClains. You do whatever it takes to fix your last mistake." They walked away, leaving me on the floor. I picked myself up, and made my way to my room. I picked up the only photo I have with me and Carter. He let me do it since it was my birthday. His beautiful blue eyes stared back at me. I didn't even notice the tears until one landed on the glass.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I hurt Carter, and Ethan. They had never done anything to me, but my stupid pride and desire made me do something stupid. And now, I am hurting that boy. Michale. He seemed so kind and sweet, and now I'm going to hurt him too. I made my way to my private stash and opened a bottle of wine. I have been drinking more and more to forget this mess. I would drink with every mistake I ever remembered making. Taking Carter's virginity when I knew he wasn't fully ready. Sleeping with different men when Carter would be out with other women. Splitting him and Ethan up for a year. And my most recent ones. Hurting my son, and Michale.

"Kitty kat." I felt the bed dip, and my brother pull me to his chest. He smelled like sweat, meaning he was at the gym. "You don't need to do this anymore. Who cares what mom and dad think?"

"That's easy for you to say. You have never done anything to make them hate you. I can't seem to ever make them happy. I spent so much time doing what they asked of me, I forgot how to be myself. My own home is controlled by them, that's why I said screw it all and moved back here. I don't know who I am anymore without them telling me!" I sat up and ran my fingers through my hair. "I loved Carter before I realized how powerful his family was. He was the first person I felt a connection to, who didn't just want me for my body and wealth. I loved him! And now he hates me!" I clenched my chest, the room started to spin, and I could taste something foul in my mouth. I felt the burning of stomach acid as I vomited on my floor, the sting of my knees as I fell to the floor, and a ringing in my ear as I hit my head. The last thing I remember is feeling a heavy weight on my chest, and Andrew holding me in his arms as he shouted for me to hold on.
______________________________________

Andrew

I hate this, I am still so weak. Since I was a boy, I did everything to make my parents happy. I excelled in school, sports, and social standings. I was the poster child for obedience. I thought I was doing the right things, until she came along. She was the embodiment of beauty and perfection. My little sister.

Katherina was gifted with the beauty of an angel, but cursed with a weak body. I felt, as her brother, it was my job to protect and make her happy. I could see that she never was. Her stunning eyes held so much sadness. I know that's what drew her to McClain. They both had the same eyes. I knew it the first time I saw him. I thought he would be the one to make her happy, but I was wrong. He only made it worse. So I did as she asked, and helped split him and Ethan up. But even I knew that wouldn't make her happy. And seeing her like this, I was right. I should have stopped her from the start.

The only way to make her happy, is to get her away from this toxic house and family. I can't be the silent brother anymore. I promised myself that I would protect her, and I haven't done that. I picked her up, and placed her on her bed. I wiped up the vomit, and cleaned all the mess. I made sure to fix her up, before putting the covers over her. I kissed her forehead. She looked so innocent while she slept. Just like she did when we were kids. "Happy Valentine's day Katherina. I love you. I promise to make all of this go away." I shut her door, and pulled out my phone. I entered my room and locked the door, just as the other end picked up.

"Yes?" Her voice rand clear in my ear. She knew why I was calling.

"Okay, lets do it." This needs to end once and for all.