New Kids on the Block

Tonight was the night Phil had long been anticipating. Lilly had hired a young university student by the name of Peter Parker to cover Phil's bartending shift. Peter was doing this job to help pay for his tuition and Phil had spent the previous week teaching him how to mix the drinks. Tonight was his first night going solo. Meanwhile backstage, Phil nervously paced as he waited for his name to be called.

"You know, I've thought about this moment a lot and now that it's here, I can't seem to shake the nerves. How do you guys do it?"

"To be honest, that feeling never really goes away. Sure it fades over time but it doesn't totally vanish," Steve admitted.

"R-really?"

"Here, take a swig of this," Tony said handing Phil a bottle of Jim Beam. Phil took a swig and winced as the alcohol burned his throat.

"Tony! Don't get him hammered before his first show!" Laia scolded.

"No, no, I'm good. That was just what I needed. I think I'm ready."

"Good, 'cus you're almost on, man." Phil took a deep breath in as he waited for his introduction.

"Now ladies... Tonight we have a new talent joining us tonight. He's a little bit shy, so why don't you give him a big JARVIS welcome." The women all cheered.

"What was that? I didn't quite hear you..." They screamed louder.

"Still not feeling it..." The answering roar was deafening.

"Alright! Without any further hesitation, please welcome, Son of Coul!" Lilly quickly retreated off stage as Phil walked on in a secret agent costume. His performance wasn't flashy like Tony's and he didn't work the audience like Clint did but he certainly got results. The women all screamed and threw their dollar bills at him. Lilly stood at the back and observed. Phil's video had done well with the test group and she knew he was super excited to try out his routine on a real audience. Lilly also knew how nervous he was so she was slightly worried that he might somehow accidently blow his big break. As she watched, she couldn't help but notice how natural he was. Lilly cast a glance over at Peter who was working at the bar. He was so flustered talking to the different women but it added to his charm. When Phil was done with his act Lilly got up.

"Let's give it up one more time for Son of Coul!" They all screamed in delight. Phil felt a sense of pride in his chest as he walked off stage.

...

After JARVIS had closed for the night, the team was celebrating with a drink.

"To Phil and Peter!" they cheered, raising their glasses.

"I've gotta say Phil, you were a total natural up there," Lilly praised.

"Thanks. I was really nervous when I got out there but when I started my routine, everything just fell into place," he grinned.

"Uh, Miss Willow?"

"Peter I told you, call me Lilly," she smiled.

"R-right. Um, what do I do with the phone numbers in my tip jar?"

"That's up to you, sweetie. You can keep 'em or throw them out," she shrugged. Peter nodded.

"So did you enjoy your first night?"

"It was tiring but fun and I made a few tips," he smiled.

"Glad to hear it. So would you like to stay on full time?" Peter nodded again.

"Yeah, the money's good and I'm getting a lot experience."

"Great! Let's get the paperwork sorted." Peter followed her to her office. Peter was going to make a great new addition to JARVIS.