The Contest

Here's part two! BTW, I know this is meant to be a Marvel book but I had to get creative and use a little DC Comics.

The next morning, Lilly sat impatiently at the breakfast table as she waited for a spot to open up at the buffet. She suddenly saw Laia and called her over to sit with her.

"So Laia, I didn't hear you come in last night," Lilly stated.

"I, um... well..." she stammered. Laia's face turned red as she tried to adjust the collar of her top to hide the trail of hickies on her neck but Lilly had seen.

"You hooked up last night didn't you?!" she gasped excitedly. "So, tell me about him. Oh, hold that thought." Lilly raced over to the buffet table. Laia smiled and shook her head, partly grateful for the distraction.

"Lilly and her food," she sighed.

...

The team spent the whole day practicing. They practised until they got their acts perfect and took a short break before the show. After that, they went back to the complex. The men sat backstage, anxiously waiting for their name to be called.

"Pietro will you stop pacing!" Clint snapped. Pietro stopped in his tracks and glared at him.

"I can't help it! I can't sit still!" he growled back. Tony put a hand on his shoulder.

"Dude, why are you so nervous? It's not like you haven't done this before." Pietro took a breath through his nose and sighed.

"Contest jitters I guess," he shrugged.

"You should try and be like Sam over there," Tony said, pointing to where Sam was leaning against the wall. He hadn't budged an inch since they had entered.

"Um... I think he's broken," Steve commented, waving his hand in front of Sam's face. He snapped his fingers and Sam blinked and shook his head.

"Hm? What? Are we on?" Before anyone could answer him Lilly stepped in.

"Okay Avengers..." (After much debating the team settled on the name) "The Fantastic Foursome just went out and we're on after them. Hope you're ready." They followed her out, waiting until the group that was on the stage had finished. The hostess introduced their act and the room fell into darkness.

"Avengers... Assemble!" Lilly's voice rang out. They all rushed out, doing their moves and discarding their tops. They all moved in sync to the front of the stage and posed. The lights went out again and Lilly started speaking again.

"How you ladies doing tonight, you all having fun?" They crowd all screamed in excitement. "My name is Lilith and I'll be your MC tonight. Now, I'm just going to cut to the chase here. With this first act... I'm taking you back to the times of Ancient Greece. A time when men were really men and worshipped their women like goddesses. Please welcome, Magic Arrow." Clint walked out onto one of the five stages in a toga. Wanting to step up his game for Vegas, Clint came up with this whole Grecian archer routine. He pretended to be showing off for Laia, the same way a warrior would try and attract the attention of a princess. They had set up a few targets and he skilfully hit each one. Clint took off the toga and took a step forward. Lilly glanced up and accidently spotted a small purple bruise on his inner thigh. She quickly looked away and pretended she didn't see anything. Clint drew back the bow and aimed at a target that was higher up than the others. He let it fly and popped a balloon they had attached to the target. When it burst, silver confetti rained down on Laia's head. Lilly had moved to the next stage and started her next introduction.

"This next performer has a fast name, and an even faster reputation. However; for your pleasure tonight, he's slowed down to entertain your beautiful selves. I give you, QuickBoner." Pietro was not known for being patient but he was known for being a tease. His movements were slow and almost sensuous. He ran his hands over Meg's body and everywhere he touched, it was like he'd lit a match. Pietro moved his hips in time with the steady beat of the music and slowly pulled off pieces of his costume. This was contrary to his usual act but the women still screamed and made it rain. When he was left in just his thong, they moved onto the next act.