New Years Day

Happy New Year everybody!

Laia woke that morning and rolled over, momentarily panicked when she collided with a warm body. She relaxed when she saw that it was Clint in bed with her. A few moments later, he woke up.

"Happy New Year, babe," he croaked.

"You too, handsome," she replied kissing him. After a while of just laying there, the couple decided to get up. When they went into the living room, they saw Wanda asleep on the couch, Jill and Bri passed out on the floor and Lilly sitting at the table.

"I picked up a few strays last night. Can I keep 'em?" Lilly grinned.

"What happed to your eye?" Laia asked, seeing the bruise that had formed on face.

"I think that story would be better if we waited for Jill and Bri to wake up. In the meantime, breakfast is ready and I have painkillers and water ready if you need."

"See, this is one of the benefits of having a roommate that doesn't drink; they take care of you the next day," Laia remarked, going to get some breakfast. A while later, Wanda got up and left, thanking Lilly for putting her up for the night. It was almost noon before Bri and Jill finally stirred. Jill groaned and sat up. She stated to panic when she saw she was wearing a man's jacket.

"Why am I wearing a guy's jacket? Why am I shirtless under here?! Please tell me I didn't hook up with someone sleazy!"

"Relax, the jacket's mine," Lilly supplied. Jill looked at her dumbfounded. "Well I couldn't let you walk around topless."

"What the hell happened after Laia and I left the party last night?" Clint asked.

"Well, Jill had a few too many drinks and climbed up on the bar and started dancing. I went to stop Bri from wandering into the men's room and when I came back, off went the top."

"Why didn't Bruce or Loki stop me?"

"They were busy trying to stop Thor getting into a fist fight with some guy that was hitting on his girlfriend. Let me tell you, you were not happy about me trying to get you down. You actually bit me." Lilly held up her hand to show the bite mark Jill had left.

"Did I give you the black eye too?"

"Actually, that was Bri's work." As if on cue, Bri started to stir. She sat up and rubbed her face, hissing in pain as she touched a sore spot.

"What happened last night?" she groaned.

"Okay first of all, I want to apologise for that."

"You did this to me Lil?"

"Yes, but you gave me this in return," Lilly said, pointing to her black eye. This only added to the confusion.

"I was talking to Phil last night and while you were drunk, you thought it would really funny to come up behind me and honk my boobs. I thought you were one of the creeps hanging about so I swung around and elbowed you in the face, only to realise my mistake. Once you recovered, you punched me." Bri blinked slowly as she tried to take it all in.

"Anyway girls, you're welcome to stay here and nurse your hangovers. Jill, I've already told Bruce you were here so he doesn't worry about you."

"What about the others?" Laia asked.

"Meg went with Pietro, Rae went with Sam and Steve along with Rhodey made sure everyone else got home safely," Lilly explained. Slowly, Jill and Bri made their way to the table and Lilly gave them both painkillers. After the events of last night, they were certainly going to need them. Well, 2017 was off to an interesting start.