Protective

Weeks had passed since the incident with Hydra. Worried what they might do, the men always made sure that the girls had someone escorting them to their cars (not that they minded much). Lilly didn't want to frighten her employees but she figured it would be better to tell them the truth; besides, it meant a few more sets of eyes on the lookout for Hydra, should they ever show up again.

...

Thor was once again giving a performance at JARVIS, this time accompanied by Hannah as well as well as Loki. Bruce was also there to give a regular check-up and Jill had tagged along too. She had been spending more and more time at JARVIS and gotten to know everyone pretty well. Feeling adventurous, Jill got up on the stage.

"Hey Meg, check out this move Natasha from next door taught me," she called. Meg wandered out from backstage and Jill swung around the pole before holding herself up with her legs.

"Jill, get down from there!" Clint scolded. Startled by suddenly being addressed, she let go of the pole and crashed to the ground.

"You okay?" Meg asked, rushing over to her.

"I'm fine," she grumbled, rubbing her hip. "Clint, why did you do that?" she whined.

"It is my responsibility as your cousin to make sure you don't end up on the pole."

"You're a stripper!" Jill defended.

"That's different, I'm a guy. I don't want my cousin getting leered at by sweaty, greasy men!"

"You get leered at by women and you have a girlfriend!"

"Don't you bring Laia into this! Do you want me to go get Bruce? 'Cause I will and he'll back me up." Jill's face fell at the mention of her brother.

"Call it even?" she asked hopefully.

"Fine, but you've gotta stay off that thing," he said, pointing to the pole.

"Deal!"

...

After the show, Lilly was finishing things up for the night when she heard music coming from the Champagne Room. She knew it couldn't have been one of the boys with a private show; somebody would've told her. Lilly also knew that it couldn't be Clint and Laia as he preferred to give her private shows at home (as she accidently walked in on). Curious, Lilly walked behind the curtain and was totally unprepared for what she saw. There was Loki on the stage, stripped down to his emerald green thong, moving his hips sensuously to the slow beat of the song. His pale skin almost seemed to glow under the low lights. Jill sat on the couch with a hungry expression on her face. Lilly immediately dashed out of the room.

"Oh, my word!" she squeaked.

"What is it?" Bruce asked, walking up to her.

"Uh... Clint's giving Laia a private show," she lied. She knew that this situation could be very problematic.

"What're we doing?" Clint asked, walking in with Laia. Bruce looked at the two of them before turning back to Lilly who frowned and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"What's going on in there?"

"Nothing! Trust me, you don't wanna see." Bruce brushed past her and marched into the room. By now, Loki was hovering over Jill who was grasping his toned butt.

"What the hell is going on in here?!" Bruce demanded. Jill flinched at hearing her brother's voice and Loki got off her.

"H-hey Bruce," she said awkwardly and stood up. Clint also walked in with Laia and Lilly following. Lilly raced in-between them to diffuse the situation. In the meantime, Loki casually went to turn off the music and get dressed.

"Now Bruce, before you go into big brother mode, you've got to remember that Jill's a grown woman and this is just something grown women do. Besides, it's not like they were going to do anything more with cameras in here." Lilly said, gesturing to the cameras. She doubted that Jill knew they were actually there but she had to say something to calm Bruce down.

"I mean, it's not like she's dating him or anything," she added, putting her arm around Jill.

"Actually I-"

"Buh-buh-buh, Lilly's talking dear," she said, patting her arm. "And even she was, would that be such a bad thing? I mean, Loki's a stand-up guy."

"Really?" Bruce's tone was sceptical. Loki returned with a smirk on his face.

"Yeah he... well he... um... okay so I don't know him that well, but if Jill trusts him, shouldn't you trust her taste in men?"

"I don't know, Jill's dated some stinkers in her time," Clint supplied.

"Dude, you're not helping!" Jill hissed.

"Can't say I'm trying to."

"Look, just give him a chance. You never know, he might surprise you." Bruce looked her up and down for a moment.

"Alright, but if you hurt Jill in any way, I'm coming after you," Bruce warned.

"I second that," Clint added. Both Lilly and Jill let out a breath of relief; crisis averted. Compared to some of the cat-fights that sometimes happened, a protective older brother was easy to deal with.