Unexpected Visitors

Friday morning, Lilly shuffled out of her bedroom. As JARVIS was closed, she went out to dinner with a few of her guy friends. Mid-stretch, she noticed a pair of men's sunglasses on the counter. Did one of her friends leave them there? She didn't remember any of them wearing sunglasses. Still half asleep, Lilly continued to stare at them as if they would provide her with answers. She heard Laia's door squeak open and was shocked to see Laia and Clint walk out. Clint's arm was around her waist and she held onto him for support.

"Thanks for a great night, babe," he murmured.

"Mm, you're welcome," Laia hummed, kissing him deeply. Clint helped her sit at the kitchen table before noticing where Lilly was standing with her mouth hanging open.

"Lilly," he nodded.

"H-hi," she waved, closing her mouth. Clint gave Laia another passionate kiss, picked up the sunglasses and perched them on top of his head.

"Catch you later babe. Lilly, see you at work tonight."

"S-sure," she stammered. With that, Clint left. Laia could only laugh at the expression on Lilly's face, which was half stunned, half amused.

"Come on Lil, you can't be that surprised." Lilly just shrugged and sat down at the table with her.

"It's one thing to suspect something, it's another thing entirely to find out you were right," she grinned. Laia smiled and shook her head.

"So how was dinner last night?" she asked, changing the subject.

"It was fun, we went to Hooters."

"Hooters? As in the restaurant where the waitresses are scantily clad?"

"Yep. I know what you're thinking, 'weird place to go' but they had a challenge that if you could eat an entire twenty-four ounce steak in an hour and down a pitcher of a drink of your choice, your party ate for free. I was the only one that had the stomach to step up to the challenge," Lilly said, getting up to find her phone.

"Good grief. Did you complete it?"

"With two minutes to spare! More than just the challenge, we heard rumour that one of my buddies was dating one of the girls there." Lilly showed Laia a picture of a scrawny young man with thin wire glasses that had his arm around an absolute bombshell of a woman.

"That's an... unusual pairing," Laia said, raising her eyebrow.

"I know what you mean, I was worried that she may have just been playing him but she's actually a really lovely girl," she smiled. "Anyway, want me to make you some breakfast? Judging by the way Clint was supporting you, you won't be walking too well this morning."

"That sounds good."

...

That night, the club was settling down after another show. Laia couldn't come tonight because she had paperwork to take care of. As Lilly was going through her end-of-night checklist, Bucky raced past her and hid in one of the dressing rooms.

"Bucky?" Lilly walked out from backstage to see what had him so spooked. There was a tall bald man dressed all in black. Lilly's eyes briefly flicked to the red symbol on his jacket.

"Ah, Fräulein Lilith I presume," he said in a thick German accent. "My name is Wolfgang Von Strucker and I have a business proposition for you." Lilly walked over to him and extended her hand to shake his. He took it and placed a kiss on the back of it. Already she didn't like the look of this creep.

"It's Miss Willow, if you're here to talk business," Lilly corrected him.

"Very well, Fräulein Willow then. Is there somewhere we can talk more privately? " Lilly nodded and led him to her office, closing the door halfway. The boys all stood around to listen in. Lilly sat behind her desk and Strucker took the seat in front of her.