3- Hugs

Rayne P.O.V
We arrived at what was to be my new room. My things were already there in a corner of the room. I grabbed a nice  forest green dress and went to take a shower.

Walking out of the bathroom I am greeted by Legolas who was sitting on the bed reading a book.

I sighed. "Let me guess, this is your room?"

He nodded. "It is. If you'd like I could talk to my father about this arrangement," he offered.

I shook my head. "We have to get used to this somehow. Plus I don't want to cause any inconvenience."

A maid came to signal that it was time for dinner. Dinner went by fast and soon I found myself saying goodbye to my father who was heading to his council meeting.

As everyone was leaving the King held me back after dinner.

"I hope you find your transition to here smoothly. If you ever need anything just ask Legolas or I."

I nod. "Thank you my king."

He looked at me. "I believe you have a question for me about the sleeping arrangements. Do not worry your father and I have discussed the matters. All we ask is that you refrain from intimacy with each other." I blushed as I realized what he was talking about. He chuckled softly. "It was only a joke."

I arrived to my or should I say Legolas and my room to find the elf already changed in his clothes ready to sleep. I just silently went to change into my nightgown.

Walking out I see Legolas extend a blanket on the floor. "I will sleep on the floor," he states.

"Nonsense, I'm the guest here."

"More the reason why I should sleep in the floor. It actually reminds me of camping out in the woods while I'm on long journeys."

He looked lost in thought. I grabbed a pillow and sat on the floor. "Well if you're not going to sleep on the bed then it's only fair I sleep on the floor too."

"What?" He was snapped out of his thoughts. "No, it's alright, you take the bed."

I sighed. "Legolas, this is going to take all night, why don't we both share the bed? I honestly don't mind."

"If you insist," he gave up his fight.

I grin knowing I've won. We both got under the sheets of the bed. It was a pretty decent size so there was enough room for both of us and more. We both lay on our side and found ourselves looking at each other.

"Legolas," I said.

"Yes?"

"What do you usually do in the mornings?"

"I usually awake up and practice my archery after breakfast and walk around the village or work with the guard. I mainly patrol the boarders when I'm home. I'm usually out in the forest, it's rare that I come home. What about you?"

"I just practice archery and read. I never really did much. I would spend my days in my library full of books and read all day." I missed my library.

I could see he was falling asleep. I studied his features. He had surprisingly long eyelashes and this peaceful look on his face as if a weight has been lifted.

"I can feel you staring," he muttered.

I blushed. "Sorry."

"It's alright. Would you like to join me in archery practice tomorrow morning?"

I blinked a few times unable to process it. "I would love to."

"Good, I'll wake you up in the morning. For now sleep my princess."