Untitled Part 41

Chapter 41

Mitchum's POV

11 pm * The phone rings*

"Hello?" Mitchum picked up groggily.

He quickly perked up when he heard the word ambulance. He was up and out of bed, turning the lights on, waking Shira up.

"We are getting up now." Mitchum said and hung up the phone.

"What is going on?" Shira said sitting up in bed.

"Josh wasn't exactly sure but you need to go to Honor's house and I am going to the hospital. Something is wrong with one of Logan's babies. Honor just left to go over there and check it out. I am going to go light a fire under the hospital staffs ass." Mitchum said.

Shira jumped out of bed and threw on a pair of slacks and a blouse. Mitchum threw on some pants and a shirt. They kissed and headed out to their cars.

"I'll call you the minute I know anything. I love you Shira." Mitchum said getting into his car.

"I love you too dear, everything will be ok, we just have to have faith." Shira said.

Mitchum drove to the hospital. He parked, and went into the emergency room. He was going to do every single thing in his power to make sure his granddaughter or grandson had the absolute best medical care. He had messed up with Logan and Honor, but his grandchildren were his second chance to fix his relationships with his children. He loved all three of his granddaughters and his two grandsons more than he would ever be able to show. They even brought Shira and I back to center. We have had quite our slew of problems but we decided when our first granddaughter Olivia Elizabeth was born that we had to get ourselves together and fix our problems.

Mitchum walked into the ER, and went straight to the desk.

"Good evening, My name is Mitchum Huntzberger. I got a call my grandchild is going to be brought in via ambulance. I need to see your supervisor and what ever administrator you have here on the night shift right now. I am a man of importance and so is my son, the press will be crawling all over this ER when they get whiff of the fact that there are emergency personnel at my son's house. My grandchild is only a couple weeks old. I need your best neonatal staff and your top neonatal doctor. Now I don't care if you have to call a doctor from a different hospital, or if you have to wake someone up. I want them here in the next 30 minutes. I have no clue what is going on or what the severity is but I suggest you plan for any possible scenario and that you damn well better make sure that this baby will be able to go home to our family nice and healthy after treatment. You may also want to call extra security down here. I've already made a call to my security team and they are on their way. Now please if you will go get the people I asked for." Mitchum said with so much authority in his voice the poor girl jumped and ran. Just then the head of the Huntzberger security team Oliver Palmero walked in the door.

"Sir, We've got 6 guys outside. I sent 4 guys to Honor's house and there are 3 at Logan's ready to follow them to the hospital." Oliver said.

"Thank you Oliver, just keep the press at bay for now." Mitchum said.

Mitchum finished speaking with Kelly the charge nurse of the ER, Kasandra the charge nurse of NICU, and Joey the hospital administrator on duty. They were all prepped and ready. He made a mental note to send goodie baskets to each unit.

He finally took his seat and waited. And waited. Then in walked Colin and Robert.

"Sir, what is the low down?" Colin asked.

"Gentlemen, I know as much as you do. Everything is prepped and ready, we are just waiting for them to get here. I want to know just as much as you, maybe even more. My life has become an even greater joy since those two were born. I have 5 wonderful, amazing, beautiful grandchildren, Olivia, Vivian, Graham, Finley, and Richard. I am not who I used to be. I've changed. I've seen the light, and now that I've seen it I don't want it taken away from me." Mitchum said to two of his sons best friends.

They were both speechless, they looked at each other and then Colin and Robert hugged Mitchum.

"Sir, they're almost here. They are pulling in now" Oliver appeared.

"Thank you" They all three said in unison.

It took a few minutes, and then they were all rendered speechless when they saw Rory on the stretcher holding the infant, with so many tubes, and so pale.

Mitchum hit his knees right there cried and said a prayer.