Untitled Part 33

Chapter 33

Everything after we found out we had our boy and a little girl went very smoothly. Rory did amazing. We went through the recovery time before they moved her to a room. We decided we weren't going to let anyone in until we decided on a name for our little girl. Richard's name was also getting a tweak because We still wanted to honor Luke as well. We finally were moved to a room.

"So, Ace what should we call this little girl." I said holding our daughter. She had blonde hair that made her look like she was bald.

"I want to keep the Lorelai tradition alive but only as a middle name, and I also want her godmother's name as her middle name too. So we have Lorelai Honor, now we just need a first name." Rory said smiling as held baby Richard.

"We had wanted Finn's name in there somewhere to honor him as well, so I was thinking Finley. Finley Lorelai Honor Huntzberger." I smiled down at her and then looked up at Rory who was also smiling ear to ear.

"Logan, I want to add a name to Richard's. I don't think it would be fair to all of the sudden take away from Mitchum just to give to Luke. So how about Richard Lukas Mitchum Huntzberger?" Rory asked.

"Finley Lorelai Honor Huntzberger and Richard Lukas Mitchum Huntzberger. Welcome to the world. You both are so loved and will be so spoiled. Should we introduce you two to your crazy family waiting outside?" Logan asked as he sat down on the bed next to Rory so they could lay them together.

"Everyone's going to ask why we have "Lukas" in a pink blanket." Rory laughed.

"Ace, they're going to be just as shocked as we were. Although, I think I'm going to ask the nurse to run down to the gift shop and get a headband and an actual girly blanket, and outfit. I obviously can't go out there until we are absolutely ready because they will all question why I am going to the gift shop and then follow me." I said with a laugh as I pressed the call button.

"Hello Huntzberger- Gilmore family, My name is Alyssa. what can I do for you?" Nurse Alyssa walked in.

"Well Alyssa, I'm Logan, this is Rory, and these are Richard and Finley, and Well Finley was quite a surprise for us as we were expecting two boys and no girls. So there is no way I could make it out of this room and keep this secret to go get some baby girl items, and I was wondering if you would be willing to do it for us?" I said in an almost begging tone.

"Logan, Rory, what would you like for me to go get for you?" Alyssa laughed and took out her piece of paper.

"A pink or purple headband, outfit and blanket." Rory spouted out quickly.

"We really appreciate this. I know nurses aren't allowed to accept gifts so I figured I would have your favorite restaurant cater lunch for the staff." Logan said handing her cash for the baby items.

"Logan, thank you that isn't necessary but if you insist. My favorite restaurant is Carbone's. It's the best place to eat. If you haven't tried it you should." Alyssa said with a laugh.

"We'll get that set up. Thank you so much for your help. Also, yeah that place is delicious." I said with a smile.

15 minutes later.

Alyssa had brought back way more than asked for and we were grateful. We had 3 choices of headbands each with matching outfits and 2 beautiful and soft blankets.

We had decided on the pink headband that had quite a few ribbons and tulle, and the outfit that little ballerina shoes all over it, and the feet had shoes stitched on them. Pretty good outfits for being from a hospital gift shop. Then we wrapped her up in the purple fuzzy blanket. Richard was in his little blue and white striped romper with matching hat and blue chevron blanket. They were ready to meet their family.

Logan had the nurse take Finley out for a few minutes so that she could make a grand entrance.

First in the room, Lorelai & Luke, Shira & Mitchum, Honor and Finn.

"Hey guys you're missing a baby. Where's Lukas?" Lorelai said with a confused look as she took Richard and sat down next to Luke.

"The baby will be here shortly they just had to do an assessment." Rory said smiling at Logan.

"Son, you and Rory did good. We're proud of you both!" Mitchum said hugging his son.

"Thanks mom and dad" Logan said breaking out in a huge smile.

"Love, make your mom share the baby." Finn said, with his tone reeking of impatience.

Honor seemed to mimic Finn's impatience.

There was a knock at the door. It was time for Finley to make her grand entrance, frilly and all.

"I think you have the wrong room. We are expecting another boy." Shira said as she longingly looked at the pink and purple in the bassinet. She wanted a granddaughter. She was happy with her 3rd and 4th grandsons though.

Logan went to pick up Finley and placed her in Finn's arms.

"Mate, this is a girl. Where is the boy?" Finn said confused, as he looked down on a baby that looked just like Logan.

"Well I'd like to introduce you guys to the baby formerly known as Lukas. Apparently the umbilical cords were hiding her girls parts because Rory gave birth to a boy and a girl, not two boys." Logan smiled as he looked around the room and saw the shock and awe set in on everyone's face.

"Wait what? I have a niece?!?" Honor quietly squealed.

"Let me introduce you all to these two babies, there were slight name changes. Richard Lukas Mitchum Huntzberger and our precious little GIRL Finley Lorelai Honor Huntzberger." Logan and Rory said in unison.

Lorelai, Luke, Honor and especially Finn all became super emotional. It didn't look like Finn was going to let Finley out of his arms anytime soon no matter how much Honor poked at him. The look of amazement in his face while looking at her warmed everyone's heart.

"Little girl, and little boy over there, you will never want for anything. You will have everything your hearts desire. Anything mommy and daddy, and your grandparents here won't buy or do for you I promise I will." Finn said to the two babies.

There was knock at the door and Dr. Kim Koenigsfeld walked in.

Finn was hooked.