Untitled Part 29

Chapter 29

There was a cake that said "he or she, soon we'll see" and it was surrounded by cake pops. Rory started to get panicky. Logan finally caught site of what Rory was looking at and making her nervous.

"Ace it's ok, We can make our announcement before we cut the cake. Who knows we may only have to cut one cake maybe we are having two of the same. Two boys or two girls. Either way it is not going to be a problem, double the joy, double the love." Logan said, grabbing Rory's hand and kissing it.

On the other side of the gazebo Lorelai and Sookie finally had a chance to sit and catch up.

"What, when, how?" Lorelai said excitedly.

"Well, it's Rory, it's the town prodigal child all grown up, having her first baby. Or should I say babies!" Sookie said excitedly leaning and whispering the last part of her sentence.

"Oh Sookie, how did they wrangle you in to all of this? Especially Logan and Christopher's mom. One person I did not expect to ever see again." Lorelai said looking over in the direction of the three society ladies. Emily, Shira, and Francine. That is the trio of craziness for these poor babies.

"Can I have your attention please!" Shira moved to the microphone at the bottom of the gazebo stairs.

Everyone turned and started to pay attention to the lady in the elegant navy dress, with her hair swept to the side.

"I want to thank you all for being here today, to celebrate baby Huntzberger and find out what the baby is. I am so excited to be able to be a grandma for the third time. Normally we would go with a blue or pink center, but as you look around and see the family members, They are wearing purple and navy, one of those colors is what we'll see! Without further ado, Logan and Rory could you come up here to cut the cake?" Shira said motioning Rory and Logan to the cake at her right side.

"Wait!" Sookie jumped up and ran towards the couple. She reached them and pulled them aside.

"Rory, Logan, I know. The cake is one baby and the cake pop is the other. I am the only one that knows, they kept that envelope sealed. They only wrote on it." Sookie said with a big smile. She couldn't wait to see everyone's reactions. Including Logan and Rory's.

Rory and Logan walked over to the cake and picked up the knife. Slice, then slice. They tried to conceal it as long as possible from everyone else what their first baby was but it didn't work out very well. The cake was navy colored.

"Boy! It's a boy!!" Mitchum was the first to say it. Everyone clapped and cheered!

Logan looked at Rory, who shook her head at him. It was time to spill the beans, and find out what this second baby was. Logan walked over to the microphone.

"Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! We really appreciate all of the support, but We have one more announcement to make, There is a second baby we need to find out the sex for today." Logan laughed through the last part of his speech seeing the confusion on everyone's faces. Sookie and Lorelai came up and rotated the cake around so that the navy hole was showing to the crowd.

Rory and Logan went through the motions again, holding their breaths to see what their mysterious second baby would be.

Slice on one side, slice on the other side, Emily was the first to see the piece this time, and she put her head in her hands and started crying tears of joy.