Untitled Part 1

"Mom, I'm pregnant." Rory said

Lorelai's jaw hit the floor. A thousand scenarios ran through her head, a million words a minute, but she couldn't find her voice to get them out.

"Mom, hello?? I just told you the biggest news I have had since not going to Harvard, please say anything!!" Rory pleaded

"Lorelai Leigh Gilmore, give a girl a chance to process. My loin fruit, my pride and joy, my favorite daughter, just told me she's pregnant, that's a lot to take in." Lorelai said calmly

They sat there on the gazebo steps, for what seemed like an eternity to Rory. Her mother finally took a deep breath and glanced over at her.

"So I'm going to be a grandma? Huh, I'm going to have a tiny human to play with and spoil rotten that I don't have to push out and get up in the middle of the night with? This is so EXCITING!!!!" Lorelai exclaimed, making Rory double over in laughter. Rory thought to herself, only my mother.

Rory saw Lorelai's excitement disappear in a flash, and she knew, she knew that dreaded question of who is the father?, is what is flashing in her mother's head, and she just waited for her to say it.

"So Logan, Jess, or the wookie?" Lorelai asked with amusement, secretly hoping her suspicions where right.

"MOM! I have NEVER slept with Jess, nor do I plan on it, we are just good friends, that's it!!" Rory exclaimed, dumbfounded her mom would even think that was a possibility.

"Ok well than, Logan or The wookie?" Lorelai asked as she laughed at her daughter's shock.

"Well it's definitely NOT the wookie, sorry, you'll have to find hairy grandbabies elsewhere." Rory said with her tone dripping in sarcasm.

"Ah so it's the engaged, ex- college lover boy. Just one question, how is that even possible, you said you broke it off?" Lorelai asked, seriously confused.

Rory shifted on the stairs to finally face her mom.

"Well, you see I broke it off with him over the phone, and then a few days later he showed up with Finn, Colin and Robert, for one last "life and death brigade" shenanigan. There was a lot of scotch involved and we ended up at an inn, in New Hampshire. Well, one thing led to another and here we are 6 weeks later. One hell of a parting gift, eh?." Rory said laughing at herself about parting gifts.

"You know what this means don't you kid?" Lorelai said.

" I don't know how to do it mom, I don't know how to shake up his entire life by telling him about our sweet parting gift growing here." Rory said, and she started to cry, and Lorelai engulfed her in the biggest hug ever and just let her sweet girl cry it out.

" Lets go home and talk more before all the rumors of why you're crying in the town square starts." Lorelai said as she helped Rory stand up, and then the Gilmore girls walked home.