Chapter 5

Jessica's POV

"Girl this is the dress for you, it has your name on it" Taylor said to me.

Taylor was the first person I called to come to the party. The last time I saw her was before I went on the date with Trey. We tried to keep in contact via FaceTime, but she always kept it short and sweet. Today I wasn't going to let that happen.

flashback

"Jessica...lots of things have happened since you stayed in New York"

"Ok god" I put my hands on top of my head. "Just tell me the fastest way possible Tay. "

"Ok well, I've been dating your brother Morgan, and...

"And?!?"

"We're getting married!!" She closed her eyes and said it with excitement.

"Oh my god!! Congratulations Tay!! But why haven't you told me you and Morgan were a thing?"

"I thought you were having too much fun with Trey and I didn't want to disturb you. I'm sorry, that's a stupid excuse. " she said while not looking at the camera.

"It's ok girl. But hey can you come down to New York today? I need your help"

"Sure, I'll be there in a hour or so. "

Flashback ended

......

"Ugh that's so ratchet Jess"

"Whyyy" I wined.

Picking out dresses is so hard. And for the album release party I need a ballgown dress since it's really fancy. Thank you god that Taylor is here with me. Taylor went back to look through dresses while I started to change out of my current dress.

"A ha!! I found it!"

She handed me a gorgeous dark navy ballgown that was a corset-like on top and just tad poofy with silver rinestones.

"Oh my gosh Tay!!! This is amazing!"

I tried it on and looked at myself in the mirror.

"This is it. This is the dress" I twirled in it feeling silly.

"Hey Jess?" Taylor asked

I turned around concerned. She had this tone in her voice. "Yes Tay?"

"Are you happy?"

I was confused. What did she mean by that?

"I'm not sure I understand.." I took a seat next her.

"Look, I know you had trouble with relationships ever since...Julian. And I'm glad you're seeing someone, but are you happy with Trey? I mean you never talk about him and I just don't wanna see you get hurt again.

"Aw Taylor" I gave her a hug

"You don't have to worry about me, I'm fine ok?" I gave her a reassuring smile.

" ok Jessica I trust you. But just remember what you went through with Julian. I know that might sound like crazy advice but you need to know what to look out for in long relationships. I'm telling you this because I love you and I get worried" she started to cry

"Don't worry Taylor, I'll promise you my relationship with trey won't be like my relationship with Julian. Now let's go find you a dress huh? I found a nice a green one over there!"

We went off laughing and running to the dress section of the store.

Trey's POV

I kept replaying what I was going to do tonight. I fixed my tie and put the diamond ring in my pocket. Today was the day I was going to propose to Jessica. I realized I loved her more than Kelly and I'm ready to make my commitment. I walked around my apartment pacing around waiting for it to be 7 so I can pick up Jess. When the time came I put on some extra cologne and went to my car. The song marry you by Bruno Mars was playing I smirked at the coincidence.