Chapter o015 part dos

Start from the beginning

Aw, zaddy all protective and shit. Bitch, cut that shit out, please. But you know it's sexy, girl!

"B-babe," I breathed out, my voice was still shaking and I was just totally out of it. "I'm f-fine." I placed my hands on his as he continued to caress my cheeks.

"I don't believe you, Maia." I gulped. "David?"

David strode quickly to Reuben's right side and responded:

"Sir?"

Reuben never stopped looking down at me.

"Take her into the house—I'm going to Bourbon Street—"

"No, no, no, no..." Reuben let go of me and took the car keys from David. "Reuben, I said no!" He looked back at me like I had three heads.

"Why not, Maia?! Some strange man grabs you and has you scared shitless... I can look in your eyes and know that he has hurt you... Maybe not today but he has before."

Damn.

"Now tell me who he is!" I looked to hands, then close my eyes... I could still smell him.... I could his weight pushing me down, his sweat dripping all over me as he forced himself in and out me... I could his voice calling me his 'Mymy'... My breathing labored and my heart rate quicken. It felt like I was having a heart attack. "Maia—Oh my God, baby!" I felt myself stumbling backward, but both David and Reuben were quick, but Reuben was the quickest. "Baby, baby—Breath, baby." I couldn't catch my breath, I could think, all I could do was relive.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I needed to hear my mother's sweet, comforting voice while being held in my daddy's strong, protective arms... But I refused to call them. I did not want her getting emotional and upset and my father growing irate—He tried to kill my step-uncle the last time he saw him. For so many years I've tried to drive that entire nightmare into the back of my mind... I wanted to hide from it; I did not want to be known as the victim...

But here I was reliving this shit all over again and now Reuben is becoming more and more aware of this past of mine that I've tried to hide from him. I think, when the time is right, I need to let him know the real story.

So, you have secrets—so what! He's the most secretive person you've ever met. That is true but... This thing with Greg is not going away. And he's going to be determined more than ever see who Greg is and why I am so deathly afraid of him.

After my panic attack on the front lawn, Reuben put me in the bed. He was determined to cancel his appearance at Beauchamp's affair this evening. I managed to convince him that I was fine... He just wanted to stay at the house with me and watch me... 'Watch me'... Like I was a frail infant or puppy, so I just bit the bullet. I told him I would still attend the party, even though my mind was not all together and I was not in any mood to deal with any of those stuck up, over privileged ass folks. But I only was going to and support him. The longer I'm down here the more I realize that Reuben did not like any of these people as well, it was good for his business and investments to make appearances, and I did agree to marry him... I guess I needed to start acting the part.

God helps us both.

I stood on the makeshift platform in the middle Reuben's office as Samira and her assistants worked diligently around me. I stood still as the fitted the black dress to my body. The original brown gown that I was going to wear was destroyed by Reuben and me when I got too mouthy at my last fitting and he had to 'punish' a sister. Try explaining that shit to Samira.

She thought it was funny, though. I know, but it was embarrassing as shit, though.

"Maia, you are going to be the most naturally gorgeous woman at that ball," Samira buzzed as she came walking up to the platform. "Literally, because you know all those women there have been pricked and prodded more times than my damn pin cushion." She smirked tapping the round, soft ball she had restrained against her wrist. I chuckled; she wasn't a liar by far. More collegian and Botox floating through that place than a little bit.