Fifty Two

The guys turned in their seats as Chase carried out a 4 ft tall cardboard box. He had a utility belt strapped around his middle and Link chuckled, noticing that there was a bottle of glue in the mix of odd items held fast in the belt. Rhett rose to his feet, taking to the position that was approximately 3 ft away from the target. He took a seat on one of the crates with his gun in his hand and he brought it up and closed one eye, aiming for the box. 

     Link followed suit and took a seat on the one next to him, feeling shaky from the excitement. He looked at the ground below him and noticed that there were measurements written on the tape. 

     Chase turned around and handed Rhett the bottle of glue. "Would you like to do the honors of drawing a target on the box?" 

     Rhett's eyebrows shot up his forehead as he took the bottle of glue. "Heck yeah!" He stood and walked over to the box, kneeling to the ground as he unscrewed the lid. With the bottle held in his hand like a piping bag, he started off with a small circle and fanned out with slightly bigger circles. When he made it to the fifth circle, the glue started to droop from the gravity pulling it downward and Rhett chuckled.

     "That looks like a sad, sad target," Link said. 

     Rhett moved out of the way to reveal it. "We better get moving fast," he said moving to his spot back on the crate. Chase pulled a pack of turquoise beads out of the belt first and opened it up, pouring a few into each of their hands. Some of them were ovular, round, thin, and bulbous. Link made a guess that the thin cylindrical ones would shoot out of the gun easier, even if it wouldn't go far. He looked over to see that Rhett was already placing a bead into the barrel. He chose the short bulbous bead.

     Link chose the one that he thought was going to work. "On the count to three, we fire." 

     "1... 2... 3!" They pulled the trigger at the same time. Nothing happened to Link's bead, but Rhett's fell out of his gun and directly onto the floor, rolling toward his feet. 

     Rhett laughed. "I think my gun just crapped a bead." 

     "Well, if you're in a desperate situation and you don't own a gun but you own a Nerf gun, you can always aim for the big toe." Link thought it was reasonable.

     "The big toe is exactly where I'd aim for. That's the best way to incapacitate somebody," Rhett agreed.

     "So will it bullet?" Link asked, looking to Rhett. Rhett made a face as he was contemplating the answer. They made eye contact and conveyed the message before looking at the camera.

     "Nah," they both answered, and Link chucked the remainder of his beads onto the floor. Rhett did the same and they watched as they bounced. Chase then handed Rhett a pack of M&M's.

     They'd never seen anything light up before like Rhett's eyes. "Thanks, I was starting to get hungry for a snack!" 

     Link took the pack out of Rhett's hands and opened it up, Rhett turning a pouty look on him. "I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this one. Both to the will it and whether you'll be having this as a snack."

     "Yeah, me too." Rhett took the pack after Link had grabbed a handful of candies. He popped one of them into his mouth and started chewing, Rhett eyeing him with wide eyes. 

     Link only smirked as he saw it out of the corner of his eye, popping a candy into the barrel. "Now if you want to distract your assailant, there's nothing better than shooting food at them,"

     "Especially if it's me breaking into your house," Rhett said, then he made a face. "Not that I'd be breaking into anyone's house," he quickly added. They readied their guns to aim and counted to three, firing at the same time once again. Neither one of their candies came out of the gun and Link brought the gun up to his face, looking into the barrel.