Chapter 49 The Ultimatum

_-_-_Katelyn_-_-_

I jogged up the stairs from the basement and into the kitchen.

Garroth was forcing me to take a break from school, telling me that he would call in and say I had the flu so that would get me today and tomorrow off.

I swung open the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water, sticking it into the freezer and then tightening my ponytail.

I decided that for the day, I was gonna have a little self-pampering. So I was going for a morning jog.

Spring was a beautiful time for a jog. The breeze was the perfect temperature, and even though it wasn't officially spring, flowers and wildlife bloomed everywhere.

I grabbed my phone and slipped it into my back pocket, plugging in my earphones and bouncing out the door.

Bibia Be Ye by Ed Sheeran came on, and I smiled a little to myself.

I focused on different things. My footsteps that pounded lightly on the pavement. My heartbeat that grew at a healthy and steady pace. My breathing pattern. The beat of the song. The small beads of sweat that was collecting on my forehead, chest, and back of my neck. Even the air that surrounded me, but I wasn't able to think about those things for too long. My mind would continue to wander back to the mess that I was in.

But it didn't feel like a knife twisting in my chest when I was jogging while thinking about it.

There was no time to be upset about something like a mission that I had to conquer. At that moment, the only thing that was important was me focusing on not tripping over my own feet, and keeping my pace steady.

I did a good route and got back home, panting and jogging to the freezer where I had put my bottle. I plopped onto the couch and took selfish gulps of the refreshing liquid.

After I had relaxed a little, I hurried to the shower that was on the main floor. I didn't use the downstairs shower too often, there was not much of point when there was a bathroom right off my room, but this one was more conveniant at the moment.

I peeled off the disgusting sweaty clothes and stepped into the steaming shower. The hot water beaded down my bare back and treated the muscles that were sore and tensing. I bent over and massaged my calves a little, the sore already beginning to form. But the jog felt good, I didn't regret it for a minute.

After my shower, I wrapped a towel around myself and realised I forgot to bring a change of clothes down, so I hurried into my room. I put on some sweats and a random T-shirt that smelled clean. I grabbed my lap-top and decided to do some work on a paper that would be due the following week.

As I typed away about Ancient Rome, the door swung open. Garroth came sluggisly in, dragging his feet.

"Hey," I greeted. He grunted in acknowledgement and walked to the kitchen. I smiled and shook my head. "How was school?"

"Boring, awkward. The usual." I could hear the shrug in his voice.

"How was....Aph?" Garroth walked back in, knowing what I meant.

"Aph is good. Quiet, upset, glum, but good."

His eyes were hard, and I nodded once.

We sat down in silence for a little while. Soon, he took a deep breath and ran a hand through his hair.

"You have got to tell me what happened, Katelyn."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Okay...that's up to you."

I nodded and walked up the stairs. I walked into my room and almost screamed. Travis was standing there, and when he spotted me, he made quick steps to close the door and pin me to it, one arm beside my head. He leaned dangerously close, keeping strong eye contact.

"We are going to talk about this."

"Are we? Funny. When I wanted to talk about Jeffory, you avoided me and treated me like shit," I growled.

"But we talked about it eventually, this is this arguement's eventually." He tried to reason, and I didn't see a point to any of it.

"I can yell for Garroth right now, and your ass will be out front before you say that you can explain." I narrowed my eyes, glaring daggers at him. He didn't falter.

"Katelyn. Please. It's been-"

"Two days. Not long enough. You're breaking and entering, that's illegal, I can have you arrested."

"Katelyn. Please. Let's. Talk."

"I don't want to."

"You don't need to be mad, we aren't boyfriend and girlfriend."

"Travis, I thought we had...something, you kissing Lucinda just proved that you don't really want to have a serious relationship with m-"

"Be my girlfriend."

"No."

"Katelyn, will you be my girlfriend?"

"No."

"Why?!" He pulled away and grumbled.

"Because you kissed another girl! Do you realise how shitty that makes me feel?! When I thought I was special to you, you went and made it clear that...I'm just another girl. A name on a list of hearts that you break."

"We were playing spin the bottle, we were drunk. Well, I was drunk, at least."

"You can't blame everything on being drunk! Either you want to be with me, or you don't. I know we aren't serious, but it's all of me, or none. Your choice."

He looked at me for a long time, so many different things dancing in his eyes. What emotions were there, I couldn't tell. I felt my breathing become ragged, and my heart pounded violently in my ears, but I didn't care. I wasn't going to look away or take it back. I was giving him an ultimatum, and he was going to answer me. No matter what.

I watched his chest rise and fall as he tried to catch his breath. He was having an internal battle.

"Katelyn...you can't expect me to..."

"Travis. I can't keep struggling through this stupid stand-still. How committed are we? Are we committed to each other? Where do we actually stand? We have no titles for each other, yet we go on dates and kiss and act cutesy and crap. So I want something with foundation, something sturdy. Something...I can rely on. So, what will it be, Travis? Are you ready to commit, or are you going to break off whatever we have now before more people get hurt? All of me or none."

He took a deep breath and held up his arms helplessly, then let them drop and slap his legs. He would open his mouth and then close it. It felt like an eternity before he answered.

"I guess I get none of you."

And he snuck out the window.

A/N Hahahahaha....ha.....ha................................................................ha. I'm not sorry, I love you all, devils, bye.
Song: Northern Downpour by Panic! At The Disco