Chapter 56 The Tour

Travis pulled me into his room. I looked at the large bed with the forest green comforters and perfectly placed pillows. His desk was scattered with random papers, and the white carpet looked as soft as a cloud.

"So...you wanna test out the bed?" He purred, leaning close. I turned to him and pecked his lips.

"You have a butler?" I laughed. Travis blushed a little out of embarrassment.

"Yeah, I do." He nodded, leaning in and placing his lips over mine. I pulled away again and stared into his eyes.

A knock on the door made us stop being cutesy and took a few steps apart. Brendon walked in and smiled.

"If I could have a word, it's important," he said quickly and quietly to Travis. They shared a knowing stare and then Travis nodded.

"I'll be back in a minute. Feel free to look around." He kissed my cheek and left. Once the door closed I began looking around.

I meandered over to the desk and my heart slammed to a stop when I saw what the papers were.

They're all about my client...

I didn't touch them, but I did take a few pictures on my phone.

I suddenly felt paranoid, forgetting that there could easily be cameras. I looked around the room, each corner. There was nothing visible to the naked eye, but there could easily be cameras hidden.

Travis came back, a fake smile pulling at his lips.

"Man," I sighed, "the security here must be intense," I tried to joke. Travis laughed a little and walked over to me, wrapping his arms around me gently.

"Well yeah....but there's no cameras or anything in here so we have tons of privacy." Tension released in my chest and I grinned, wrapping my arms around his neck. We swayed a little and kissed. I smiled in the kiss, my heart fluttering like a little butterfly. We pulled apart when there was the sound of someone clearing their throat. We turned and looked to the open doorway where Brendon stood, smirking smugly.

"Sorry for the interruption," he giggled. I hid my flushed face in Travis' chest.

"What do you want this time, Brendon?" Travis chuckled.

"Just wanting to know if miss Katelyn was staying for dinner?" I pulled my head out of hiding and looked at both of them. Travis looked at my questioningly, and I shrugged.

"I probably shouldn't." Travis sighed and pouted.

"We don't see each other enough."

"Daily is plenty, I can only handle you for so long," I teased. Brendon snickered and Travis deadpanned. I laughed a little.

"You're a very rude girlfriend." I rolled my eyes playfully. "She isn't staying, Brendon. You are dismissed." He turned to me and smiled. "How about a small tour?" He offered his arm, and I grinned, wrapping my arm around his. We walked down the hallway, slowly and talking about unimportant little things. He showed me the beautiful library, the dining room, his father's old office, and plenty of other rooms, but not the whole house. We walked around to the back of the house where there were a pair of French doors that led to the back gardens.

We stepped through the doors and I gasped at the beautiful flowers that bloomed everywhere. I unlatched myself from his arm and scurried to the large fountain that had planting pots with colourful tulips. I smelled one and smiled softly. I looked to Travis who was still on the steps, he smiled at me, but there was something else in his gaze. Something almost melancholic.

"Something wrong?" I wrapped my arms around myself as I walked over to him. He took a deep breath and shook his head. "Travis, really, what's the matter?"

He stepped down the stairs and held out his hand. I hesitantly took it and he guided me further through the gardens. It was large, and there was a small hedged off area. The opening to the hedges was blocked off by a black steel gate. We walked through and I gasped a little at the area.

Two headstones stood.

The rest of the world moved around us, but I felt frozen in time. The trees danced with the leaves, and the wind made the rustling of their branches almost peacefully.

"Katelyn, I'd like you to meet my parents." I held a hesitant hand to my lips, walking closer to read the headstones. Intentional vines climbed the sides, and at the foot of one headstone was tulips, and the other had roses. The one with tulips was his mother, and the one with roses was his father.

"Travis....." I whispered, "I'm sorry..."

"For what?" He chuckled. I looked back to him and his hands were in his pockets. He smiled sadly and walked closer to me. "You didn't kill them..." He narrowed his eyes as he quietly remembered the people who murdered his parents.

My parents....

"Do you know who did...?" I hesitated. Travis shook his head, closing his eyes gently.

"No, but I'll find out. And I'll kill them for what they did." Although I felt bad about the watery sound of his voice, and I held immense guilt, and felt slightly responsible for Travis' parents' death, I clenched my fists. Whether I liked it or not, those were my parents that he was talking about. They were shit at their job as parents, but they were still mine. My father loved me, my mother gave me life, and I owed them that much. Love and life.

But did it really matter all that much? They were already dead.

I couldn't avenge them, I had no clues as to why they were killed. So many people could want them gone, they took more than a couple of lives themselves.

Their sins were slowly dripping onto my hands, the blood they spilled craved to soon be mine and stain my own hands. A family trait.

Did I want that burden? Did I want my hands bloodied to never be clean because there was really no other way for me to avenge my parents? Would it be my way to pay back to them what they gave me? A life, a loving father, the strength that helped me survive?

"Hey, let's go inside," Travis' voice came out soothing and gentle. It wasn't until I snapped back to reality that I realised I was crying. I looked up at him and he wiped away my tears.

I nodded and walked with him, hiding my palms that bled from my nails that dug into them.

My hands are stained with blood. Today it is my own, someday it'll be his.

A/N Eyyyyyy, I wrote a thing and got it out on time?! What?! That's so unlike me! Haha....anyways, sorry for being super crappy writing this book lately, but I've been a leeeeeetle busy. Anyways, I'm gonna be working all next week where I don't know if I have internet so there might not be any updates next week, I apologise. I love you all. (Also didn't edit this, it was rushed.)