Chapter 4: The First Day

We stepped out of the car, a thousand different emotions running through my veins.

"Alright, let's go," Garroth breathed. I nodded and tightened my grip on the straps of my bag.

We walked inside, the hallways hectic and flooding with students. I looked down at my piece of paper that told me various bits of information. I was looking for my locker, and looked up. I made eye contact with someone with bright bottle green eyes, and time seemed to slow as we walked by each other. His silver hair swaying slightly with his step. He smirked at me and winked, and I got that feeling in my stomach. His footsteps echoed louder than the others.

He was the one.

The one I was assigned to murder.

I smirked as he walked away and I neared my locker.

I opened it and started to put all my books away.

Just as I thought, he was a flirt. He winked at me, and had a flirty smirk. Every sign in his body language was a sign that he was a flirtatious player.

I got all of my stuff for homeroom and went to it.

The bell rang and everyone arrived.

"Class, today we would like to welcome our new student. Katelyn," she gestured to me, and I gave everyone a half wave.  "Since you're new, Phoenix Drop High can be a very confusing place. So I'm assigning Zenix to be your guide for today."

I nodded and smiled at a brown haired dude.

After homeroom, Zenix was walking beside me.

"I need to use the washroom, I can find my next class on my own."

"If you say so," he shrugged and walked away. I waited until he was out of sight, and I heard footsteps coming. By the weight and how they landed, I knew exactly who it was that was cutting class.

I made myself look busy, looking down at my arms full of books, and I peeked up to see Travis walking with his eyes closed and whistling. I "accidentally" ran into him, my books falling. I cursed under my breath and knelt down to start gathering them and all of the papers. 

"Oh gosh, sorry about that," Travis knelt down and started to pick up things.

"It's fine, I should have been looking where I was going."

"My name's Travis, by the way," we made eye contact and smiled.

"I'm Katelyn."

"I think I'll just call you gorgeous"

I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"Katelyn's fine."

"Well you got one thing right...you are fine." He eyed me up and down. "You live on campus?"

"No, do you?"

"Yeah. It has it's perks and downsides....one downside is you're not there."

"You should probably stop flirting."

"And why is that?"

"I'm the last person you wanna get involved with. I'm like a storm."

"Well. I'll just have to stay very close to the eye of the storm, now won't I?" He smirked and we stood up with all of my things.

"I'm a little lost, you think you could help me find my class?"

"Let me see your schedule."

I handed him my paper and he sighed.

"Just my luck, I need to help the damsel in distress to the class I was ditching."

"Sorry."

"Oh well, come on, sweetheart."

"I'm not your sweetheart."

"Yet~" he purred.

As we walked, he grabbed my butt, and I shrieked. I turned and slapped him across his face.

"Wow, you got quite the arm," he held a hand to his cheek and smirked, "just wanted to see your reaction," I grabbed his shirt collar and pulled his face inches from mine.

"Try that again and I won't hesitate to kill you."

"Feisty is a good look for you," he smirked.

I pushed him away and glared at him.

We got to the class, and the teacher rose a brow.

"Sorry we're late, had to show newbie where to go."

"I'll excuse you this one time, Mr. Valkrum."

We went to our seats, mine next to a girl with bright orange hair.

Her glossed lips shined as they curved into a smirk. She wrote on a piece of paper and slid it over to me.

Smooth, get the cutie to help you to class.

My eyes widened, and I quickly wrote a response.

It wasn't on purpose, he ran into me. Besides, he's not even that cute.

Mmhmm, sure.

I rolled my eyes and didn't respond to her. She was already annoying me with her presence. I looked to the front of me, only to see a familiar head of blonde hair. He was resting his head on his hand, twirling a pencil in the other. He did the same thing back at the facility, never paying attention to anything. Yet, he still flew through every coarse with flying colours.

After class, I caught up with the moron himself.

"Nice job, Kate," he whispered.

"You know me, I always plan things ahead, and I'm always right."

"Smartass," he chuckled, bumping into me.

Maybe this whole new school thing wouldn't be too hard. Maybe I was over-reacting.

"Geroth!"

An annoyingly high pitched, and snooty, voice called out Garroth incorrectly. Garroth rolled his eyes, then put on a fake smile. He turned and so did I. A girl with pink hair grinned at us.

"Where are you running off too?"

"Going to class."

"Without the girl assigned to guide you?" She playfully gasped, holding a hand to her over exposed chest.

"Sorry, I hope you don't think I was trying to lose you," he said through gritted teeth and a tight lipped forced smile.

"Of course not, we're gonna be really close," she glared at me, "who's she?"

"Her name's Katelyn, a friend."

"You know Geroth?"

"No, but I know Garroth," I joked.

"Don't be rude," she sneered, lacing her arm with Garroth's. She pulled him off as he gave me a sorry smile. I only laughed a little and went towards my next class.

I got to the stairs, about to go up, when I saw a familiar target sitting on the bench at the end of the stairs, out of sight from the naked eye. I held my books to my chest and walked over.

"Ditching?" I rose a brow, looking at Travis as he kept his eyes closed.

"Yeah, what else is new?" He opened one eye, "care to join me, gorgeous?"

"I don't wanna ditch."

"Well, let me falsely guide you to your next class," he laughed, standing up and grabbing my forearm. I smirked.

"Sure."

A/N I'm kind of in love with this book...woops? So guess who caught a cold, that's right, me. I'm now a sick girl on her period, but at least you devils send me your love. So thank you,  I love you all devils, byeeee.
Song: How To Be A Heartbreaker by Marina And The Diamonds