Chapter 11: The Gene Factor

It was Monday.

Possibly one of the worst days of the week.

I take that back, it is the worst day of the week,

I leaned my head on the locker beside Aph's as she rambled about something. I closed my eyes and tried to have a quick nap.

I felt someone pinch my ass, so I jumped awake and turned around to slap Travis.

"What do you think you're doing?!" I snapped, shaking my tingling palm.

"Waking you up, you looked tired so-"

"So you decided to grope me?!"

"It was just a pinch," he rose his hands in defence and smiled innocently. I slapped him across the face again and glared.

"Stop slapping me!" He growled, holding his face.

"Stop grabbing my ass!"

"Stop having such an amazing butt!"

"Stop looking at my amazing butt!"

"Stop fighting!" Aphmau yelled, stepping in between us. She took her textbook and hit both of us upside our heads.

We grumbled and rubbed the back of our heads. She went back to her locker and started pulling books out.

"Anyways, why are you so tired this morning?" Travis asked, returning to his casual demeanour as if that whole thing didn't happen.

"Couldn't sleep last night, I was too busy working on a science project."

"Did you finish?"

"No...but if it isn't done tonight, then it'll be late," I lied, testing the waters. Yes, I had a project that wasn't done, but it wasn't due for a little longer, and I could have easily finished it last night. I also knew that Aphmau had made plans tonight.

"Oh shoot! I was gonna help you with that, wasn't I?"

"Yeah, what's wrong? Can you not make it?"

"No, I'm so sorry! I promised Lucinda I'd help her with her history homework!"

"Don't worry about it, I'll just pull another all nighter," I shrugged.

"I'll help," Travis piped up. I rose a brow and rolled my eyes.

"No," I deadpanned.

"Oh come on, you need help, and I have no plans."

"Fine, come to my house after school, no grabbing my butt. No flaking on me, either."

"I promise," he rolled his eyes playfully. I sighed and looked to Aph.

"Well I should head to homeroom, see you in math," I smiled as she wrapped her arms around my neck quickly before running off. For once it felt like...having a real friend who was a girl. Sure, there was Nicole, but it was nice to have a friend who...wasn't trained to kill.

But it's not like this friendship is real, it's all fake just because I need to kill Travis.

Lunchtime rolled around, and our group was sitting around our table and talking. Then a girl with brown hair walked over and tapped Travis' shoulder.

"Hmm?" He turned and smiled his flirtatious smile, "to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"I was just wondering if you wanted to go watch a movie after school," she twirled some coffee coloured hair around one finger, while she used her other hand to shamelessly show off her cleavage. Travis bit his lip and checked her out.

"Well, I would love to-"

"But he has plans," Aphmau interjected. Travis rose a brow.

"I do?"

"Yes, you do. Remember, you're helping Katelyn with her science project tonight."

"Oh it's fine, I don't care what he does, so he can go and make out with whomever he likes in the back of the theatre no matter how cheap she's willing to go," I shrugged, smugly eating some of my lunch. Travis smirked and kept eye contact with me.

"Well I'd love to go," he leaned his arms on the table.

"Really?" The girl squealed.

"Really," Travis smiled, still keeping his gaze locked with mine. The girl ran off to tell her friends while Aphmau slapped Travis' shoulder.

"Idiot! You already had plans with Katelyn!"

"She's the one who said I could go."

"It's fine, doubt he could actually do any of the work. He'd just be a nuisance." I sighed.

"Oh, I'm a nuisance?"

"A perverted nuisance, to be exact," I growled.

"Oh come on, all I did was touch your butt."

"And walk in on me changing!"

"It was an accident!"

"Yet you stayed in my room!"

"I'm sorry! You were busy yelling at me, much like you're doing now!"

"I'm yelling because you're an idiot!"

"You know what I think?!"

"Oh, you're thinking? That's a first!"

"I think you're jealous!"

"Of what?!"

"I'm going on a date tonight, and you're jealous it's not with you!"

"Please, like I would ever want to go on a date with you!"

"You are jealous!"

"I'm not jealous!"

"Yes you are!"

"You know what, yes, I'm jealous. So jealous in fact, that I don't want to talk to you! Goodbye!" I gathered my things and stormed off, not paying any attention to the curious gazes. I went to my locker and opened it up. I let out an angry sigh and started to grab some books to study for the rest of lunch.

"Well that was quite the show," a familiar voice chuckled. I clenched my jaw and glared at the idiot.

"Not in the mood, Gene."

"Look, Garroth already talked to me. And I don't want to mess with your mission. In fact...I wanna help."

"You? Help? Don't make me laugh."

"Relax, we're friends, right?"

"No."

"Well, I can help."

"All I need help with is a science project."

"Let me help with that, and be your fake boyfriend."

"Fake boyfriend?"

"It'd be great to make a certain flirt jealous..." He smirked, knowing that I couldn't pass up an offer like that.

"Fine, fake boyfriend."

"Truce?" He held out a hand.

"Temporarily," I shook his hand.

"See you tonight."

He walked away, shoving his hands in his pockets. I smirked and closed my locker door, going over to the school entryway and sitting down on the bench. I pulled out my journal and scribbled in the Gene factor of my plan.

This may just be stupid enough to work...

A/N YAY! Plots! This chapter, minus the AN, is exactly 1000 words! My OCD is so happy! The new cover is done by Escape_Reality24 I love you all devils, byeeeeeeeee,
Song: Partners In Crime