Chapter 17 ~ The Extraction

Start from the beginning

I can see why he covered his face, a deep dark red began to creep his face that it reached to the tip of his ears.

'H-he's actually blushing... That's so cute,' I state, finding my own cheeks rising in temperature.

"Are you blushing captain? How cute," the words slipped naturally from my mouth.

'He's going to kill me now!'

Levi stared at you with wide-eyes.

"I mean- I didn't see anything captain!" I stood up, saluting and my eyes glued to the ground.

"G-good-" Levi clears his throat. "Good, finally taking orders from your superior," he stands up. "Keep practicing, I'll be in the bathroom..."

"Yes sir!" I purse my lips to prevent myself from laughing.

Once Levi left the room to the bathroom, I giggle, laughing what I could before he would come back. After calming down, I stopped laughing, staring at my hand that caress Levi's cheek while he slept.

Sadness and little bit of jealously washed over me.

'I bet he was dreaming that he was kissing Petra.'

My heart twinges from the thought.

* * *

Levi POV

'I'm an idiot.' I leaned my face, using my hands to splash cold water over my face. 'Stupid dream.' I inhale a deep breathe, then exhaling out to calm myself. 'If only it was real.'

Walking out of the restroom, I found myself walking back to the gun range. Leaning against the open doorframe, I observe F/n raising her gun and shooting with one eye.

'Such a bad habit.'  I thought, walking silently behind her, waiting for her to stop shooting.

"You have to raise your gun higher, brat," I said, wrapping my arms around her arms and lifting the gun higher. "You have an habit of closing one eye, keep both of them open," I whisper into her ear then the memory of the dream flashing into my head.

'This better not be another damn dream,' I mentally curse, using a second to pinch myself.

"I-I'll work on it," F/n stammers, moving away from my arms. "I'll have plenty of time to practice before the Extraction."

"There's one more thing," I pause, staring into her eyes.

'Why is it hard to restrain myself from kissing her?'

* * *

Your POV

"There's one more thing," Levi pauses, staring into my eyes. My attention went to his lips, seeing him bite his lower lip gingerly.

"What is it?" I ask, setting down the pistol and slipping my muffs off.

"For the Extraction, there'll have to be a minimum of gun shooting. Which means that no shooting unless absolutely necessary," Levi says, his voice decrescendo softly. "That means," he pauses once again.

"Are you mentally prepared to kill someone?"

* * *

Fidgeting my fingers, I drummed my hand against the bulletproof vest that was strapped on my chest. I feel stiff because of all the material on my body.