Ch. 31 - Build It Up Or Fall Apart

Start from the beginning

“I want to stay,” she whimpered. “Please let me stay…”

“Jackie, I said leave.”

“No…” she sobbed softly. “I don’t want to go.”

“Jackie,” I warned, my temper kicking in. It’s a bad, natural habit I have—I get easily pissed at people when they refuse to follow my directions. It’s a terrible thing to have, I know. But it’s not like I can control it. I’m the most impatient person in the entire universe, I swear to god.

Tears surfaced Jackie’s eyes as her lips quivered. “I’m sorry…” her voice was shaky, “Whatever I did… I’m sorry.”

Stop apologizing.”

“Then let me stay!”

“No!” I yelled, forcefully pulling out my hand from hers and forming a fist.

“Justin,” Za called out after me, attempting to calm me down. He pulled me away from Jackie and I punched his shoulder, hard.

“Stay the fuck away from me man,” I screamed, shoving Za against the wall. “Don’t fucking touch me or I’ll slice your penis to bits.” I hit him once more before he grabbed both my arms and shoved me away from him. I stumbled backwards and Za caught me by my shirt’s collar.

“Don’t fucking talk to me like that,” he growled lowly, landing a punch across my face. I spat out from the pain and held my cheek where it hurt. Moving my jawline as if to test if it was broken, I smirked at him.

“You hit like a pussy,” I mocked, kicking him in the shin and watching him fall to the floor. Once I heard the thud created by his body hitting the ground, I began to kick him in the stomach.

“Justin!” I heard Jackie scream from about four feet behind me, but I didn’t listen. I continued hitting Za until he eventually grabbed me by the ankle and pulled it forwards, causing me to fall too. He quickly regained his strength and got on his feet. Before he could land another punch on me, he paused upon hearing Jackie’s cries. She was yelling at us to stop, tears streaming violently down her face. I could feel my heart ripping in two, and Za merely sighed before getting off of me.

“Don’t be this way, bro,” he whispered at me, lending a hand towards me. I frowned, grabbing it and he helped me stand back up.

“I’m sorry for hitting you,” I muttered, wiping the dust off my clothes.

“I’m not talking about the fight,” he looked me dead in the eyes, seriousness in his tone. “I forgive you for it, but right now there’s a girl, who I can already tell means the world to you, just waiting for you to start treating her right—to give her what she deserves. Why are you pushing her away?”

I glanced at Jackie, who was staring at us. I could see the fright in her eyes. She didn’t want us to keep fighting. She didn’t want to leave. She just wanted to be by my side, and it made me wonder how long that’s gonna last.